Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Dinner and a Massage

Before our massage, we had a quick dinner... well, actually breakfast for dinner. We teamed-up and had dinner on the table in 10 minutes. Mal cooked the eggs and toasted the bagels; I peeled and cut some fruit. I ended up having an open-face bagel sandwich with Tabasco sauce, and we shared a blood orange and a kiwi.


The massages were a-mazing!!! Both of us almost fell asleep on the massage tables. I am still totally relaxed. I will definitely be going back soon! Healing Tree Yoga and Wellness Center is right down my alley! They have yoga, pilates, and nia classes as well as healing services, wellness workshops, and training sessions. I talked with an employee about taking some classes, and I'll probably take one sometime this week. I'm so happy that I finally stopped in!

On my way out of Healing Tree, I was distracted by these amazing-looking cookies from Ginger Betty's Bakery. They are ginger cookies with chocolate drizzled on top. The ingredients are all-natural, but I have no idea how many calories are in each. Oh well, they are delicious and I have enjoyed every bite! I'm getting psyched for my hard workout tomorrow morning!



7 Comments:

Annie said...

I am beyond jealous of your massage! Hope you enjoyed it.

Do blood oranges taste different then oranges? They always look bad to me when I see them at the store, so Ive never tried one.

Yvette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gc said...

I don't know if I've ever had a blood orange! Does it taste like an orange? Or is it more tangy? And are kiwi's in season now? I'm trying to mix up my fruits from grapes, apples, and bananas...but some fruits are on the pricey side. What would you recommend?

Anonymous said...

Hi Emma,
I've never had a blood orange either before tonight! It was a little tangy, a little sour. It's not as sweet as an orange, but it's very, very good, especially if you are in the mood for something different! I'm not sure if kiwis are in season right now, but they were on sale 2 for $1, so I grabbed a couple. The grocery store sales usually determine what produce I buy. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie,

My message to Emma was for you too! Oops! Blood oranges are great! Perfect if you are looking for some new fruit to add to your diet!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

oh my goodness, that blood orange and kiwi are GORGEOUS!! so vibrant, fresh, and delicious - yum!!

oooh, the massage sounds divine - perfect stress-reliever, for sure!

Anonymous said...

I Love Kiwi! Especially with strawberries yum! A couple massage sounds awsome! I have done a few with my husband and the time just goes by so fast...I like the one where they use rocks!

Isn't it bulgur or bulghur istead of bulgar?

kay