Saturday, February 16, 2008

Gibbet Hill

The evening began with cocktail hour at Mal's parents' house, where I had a glass of Pinot Grigio. Our reservation at Gibbet Hill wasn't until 8:30, so to hold me over, I snacked on an apple and 1/4 cup of Rocky Mountain trail mix (not pictured). 

Dinner began with a piece of sweet, farm-made corn bread, which I spread a little homemade butter on. We ordered a bottle of red wine for the table to share. I ended up drinking a glass and a half with dinner. 

Everything on the menu sounded delicious, so making a decision was kind of difficult for me! I always try to order something new and different when I go to restaurants, so I ordered the pistachio-crusted Artic Char with broccoli rabe in a potato and leek stew/sauce. It was de-lic-ious! The meal was truly excellent, and I ate about 3/4 of the portion served to me.  

I wasn't stuffed from dinner, so when it came time to order dessert, Mal's step-mom and I decided to split the homemade milk and cookies. The cookies-- 1 chocolate chip and 1 oatmeal raisin-- were served warm with fresh milk in a sugar-rimmed glass. The combination of the milk and sugar tasted divine with the cookies; it was a perfect way to end the evening! Gibbet Hill surpassed all of my expectations last night and remains of my favorite restaurants ever! 



3 Comments:

healthy ashley said...

Your food posts always look so delicious! I have to ask a question about these pictures, though: Did you take them with the flash off? I get laughed at anyway when I take pictures of my food at restaurants, so I always make it a big point to keep that flash off!

Anonymous said...

Yep, I took the photos with the flash off. I wasn't sure how'd they would come out with the dim lighting in the restaurant, but they seemed pretty good. I still feel kind of funny taking photos of my food in public places, but it's getting a little easier. :)

One Food Guy said...

Dinner sounds like it was great Tina.

As for taking pictures in restaurants, general rule of thumb is to never use a flash. Digital SLR and Film SLR cameras allow you to adjust the light that enters the lens for brighter pictures in dim places, but a point and shoot is sometimes a crap shoot in low light areas - they have trouble focusing.

Nice job though!