Sunday, February 24, 2008

Grendel's Den and Tim Blane

What a blast! I had such a fun night! The evening started off with dinner at the Grendel's Den with Mal. It was freezing outside, so I thought a mulled hot wine would be the perfect way to warm me up. I had never tried mulled wine so before ordering, I asked our waitress for a description-- mulled wine is basically steamed red wine with cloves and cinnamon and a slice of orange. Sounded delicious to me, and it was!


Just a warning-- this meal did not photography very well, but it tasted pretty good. For dinner, I ordered the "Natural Disaster" turkey burger with swiss cheese, chutney, avocado, and Cajun dressing. I had ordered the sandwich on multigrain bread, but I instead got a yucky bulky roll, which I didn't end up eating. I ate all of veggies, about 1/4 cup of the coleslaw (it wasn't that great), and just 1 of the 2 turkey burger patties served to me.


After the Grendel's Den, we stopped next door at Wagamama to say hi to a few of our friends, who were having dinner there. Wagamama looked like so much fun and smelled wonderful! It is a noodle bar, relatively new to Boston. It has received stellar reviews, and I think it needs to be next on our list!

After a brief stop at Wagamama, we headed to Johnny D's to see Tim Blane's show. I wasn't in the mood for beer, so I ordered a vodka martini with olives. The olives were huge! I sipped on my martini for a couple of hours then drank three glasses of water at the bar while hanging out with our friends and listening to Tim play.


Tim's performance was amazing, as always! He had a horn section play with his band on a few songs last night.


Here we are at Johnny D's just before the end of the night. We had to leave around 12:30 to make sure that we got the last T home.


4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like such a fun night and you two are absolutely adorable! Would you mind sharing how you and Mal met? Sorry to pry, I'm just a bit of a hopeless romantic :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Danielle,

Mal and I met and dated in high school. We broke up when I went off to college in 1998, but we stayed in touch over the years. In 2003, we rekindled the relationship, and have been together ever since! :)

grendel said...

Hi Tina,
Sorry about messing up the bread choice on your turkey burger. I like your mulled wine picture. Can I use it on the Grendel's web site? Thanks for blogging about us, and we hope to see you again soon.
Kari Kuelzer
Grendel's Den

Anonymous said...

Hi Kari,

You are welcome to use mulled wine photo on the GD website. No worries about the bread-- the wine made up for it! :)