Saturday, February 2, 2008

Homemade Iced Coffee

I brew my coffee for the iced coffee the same way as a regular pot of hot coffee. For iced coffee though, I use double the coffee grinds to make it double the strength. (If you typically use one tablespoon per cup, you will want to use about 1.5 - 2 tablespoons per cup for your iced coffee.) After the pot has finished brewing, I chill the coffee in a big thermos (or pitcher) in the refrigerator. (Letting the coffee chill overnight works best.) To make iced coffee, I just add ice to the chilled coffee as well as milk, sugar, etc. It's a great treat on warm summer mornings (or afternoons), and making it at home saves you a couple of bucks!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the iced coffee recipe....I love the way you explain things(even I can follow!:)
Many thanks-I will look forward to some in the hot weather for sure !!