Thursday, February 14, 2008

I'm THAT Girl

So, I am totally that girl who gets flowers at work. (I'm not going to lie, I love it!) This morning, I received 2 dozen roses (and a box of chocolates) from Mal for Valentine's Day. I was so surprised when the delivery man came into my office and asked me to sign for a package. I thought he was delivering a printer cartridge that I had ordered for the office the other day. I'm so glad that he wasn't! To be honest, I didn't expect much out of Valentine's Day this year because we had planned to keep it low-key. Now, I am so excited and giddy!

My wonderful day continued onto lunch. I had brought a homemade salad, but it wasn't very exciting, just lettuce, tomatoes, and carrots. I decided to spice it up with some goodies from the HSPH salad bar. In addition to the regulars, the salad bar had two of my favorites: grilled salmon and roasted vegetables! Yum! I also added some beans, edamame, jalapeƱos, and beets. After lunch, I'll probably dig into the chocolates that Mal sent! I love Valentine's Day!


4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww that was so nice! I woke up to flowers this morning-it was such a surprise! Don't you just love when the "get it right!"?

P.S.-I'm new to your blog, and I love it so far!

Anonymous said...

So cute about the wake up flowers! I totally agree with you about them "getting it right!" Happy Valentine's Day! :)

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet, what a nice surprise!

I, too, am new to your blog and I just wanted to say that I love it and keep up the great work! Happy Valentine's Day :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! It is fun being THAT girl, isn't it!