Wednesday, February 20, 2008

In Love with Buglar!

I am officially obsessed with bulgar! It is so frickin' good! I had it again this morning for breakfast with 1/8 cup of sliced almonds and 1/4 cup of sugar-free maple syrup. Love it! I was also planning on eating an apple, but I was running late, so I packed it to go. I'll probably have it as a snack later this morning.


1/4 cup blugar (dry): 160
1/8 cup almonds: 90
1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup: 30
coffee with organic half & half: 40
Breakfast total: 320

Apple: 80
1 tbsp peanut butter: 90
Midmorning snack total: 170

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blog, but I guess unlike others, I wish you would not put the calories. It is so easy to get obsessed with the amounts/calories rather than just focusing on the foods being eaten. Thanks

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

another winning breakfast!! bulgar is definitely a wonderful grain for both sweet and savory dishes - enjoy!

Anonymous said...

thanks for putting in the calories etc! it takes a while to get used to just listening to cues and finishing when done- so by knowing portion sizes and calories it really helps girls like myself! thanks!

healthy ashley said...

I like that you put the calories! As for these anonymous commenters who can't put their name to their words...!
I love coming to your blog. You are just so "healthy"- it reminds me how I am at heart.
About the bulgar- can you find this in a normal grocery store? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley,

Yep, you should be able to find bulgar wheat in a regular grocery store...most likely in the health food isle or with the oatmeal.