Friday, February 29, 2008

Slim Pickins

Our food supply is officially exhausted. It was tough putting together breakfast this morning. Thank God we are going grocery shopping tonight! I'm actually really looking forward to it!

Breakfast was a package of Quaker Simple Harvest oatmeal with 1/2 cup of hemp milk and 1/8 cup of walnuts. (I got the same free sample in the mail as Kath.) It was pretty tasty, but I'll probably stick with my regular Quaker Oats. I agree with Kath that it's much more fun to add your own toppings.



When I got to work, I sliced up an apple and ate it with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and a cup of coffee with organic half and half.


Oatmeal: 160
1/2 cup hemp milk: 65
1/8 cup walnuts: 85
Apple: 80
2 tbsp PB: 190
Coffee w/ H&H: 40
Breakfast total: 620

2 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

hmm, doesn't seem like that Quaker Simple Harvest is winning over a lot of people's taste buds... I think I'll stick to my regular oatmeal as well then!

You're lucky that the granny smith apples are good where you are - they're TERRIBLE here! Apples haven't been that great this year, for sure.

Anonymous said...

Good thing Quaker is still getting my business on the old fashioned oatmeal!