Saturday, February 16, 2008

Yoga Bread Lunch

On our ride home, we stopped at Idylwilde Farms to buy a few things that we have trouble finding in Boston, including hemp milk, which has been all the rage lately. (Mal keeps calling me a "hippie" because I bought it!) Also in our cart:
  • Steaming greens (kale, swiss chard)
  • Cranberry and pumpkin seed Yoga Bread 
  • Bulgar wheat
  • Idylwilde homemade almond butter
  • Pitted dates
  • Pear flavored "Liberte Yogurt Six Grains," made with buckwheat, rice, barley, wheat, rye, oats. (Sounds interesting; I'll let you know how it is). 
For lunch, I had a mug of peppermint tea and 2 slices of Yoga Bread with 2 tbsp of almond butter and apple slices. I also had 2 of the cookies that I baked on Valentine's day. (They are so darn good!) 

I'm off to the gym to do some cardio. I'm sore from yesterday's free weight workout!


4 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

hempmilk, almond-butter, apples, dates - four of my all-time favorite foods!! have you ever had FRESH, medjool dates before? I swear you'll never go back to the dried pitted dates once you try a luscious, caramel-like fresh medjool date :0)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photo of the hemp milk, I've been having trouble finding it. Oh and those dates, my new favorite snack food!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I have a question regarding your path to a healthy weight... I am pretty good with eating whole natural foods, most of the time :( Sometimes I get into binges and find myself downing multitudes of processed foods that I hardly even have a chance to taste. It happens rarely but I know that such patterns aren't a part of the healthy relationship with food that I'm striving for. Any advice?

Anonymous said...

I'm also curious about the hemp milk. I only wish that I could find it around here (I live in the middle of nowhere and I don't think Kroger would carry it). Let us know how you like it!