Sunday, March 9, 2008

Cake Tasting

The cake part of the evening was by far my favorite! I tried quite a few flavors, but behaved and didn't make myself sick, which with cake, I can easily do! My favorite flavors were the almond and carrot carrot. Mal really liked a lemon with strawberry filling cake, which would be wonderful in the summer. We made an appointment for April with Jacques Pastries to taste some more flavors and order our wedding cake.

Here are some of the cake highlights:


Almost unbelievable, but these "pillows" are part of a four-layer cake. It even looked amazing up close.


This cake style (above and below) was one of our favorites! I think the ribbon is so pretty!



The cake samples... there were so many to try! I tried 3 or 4 different ones.


Mal enjoying his cake! I love this photo!

3 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oh my goodness gracious, my jaw dropped wide when I read that those pillows are actually part of a four-layer cake!! Talk about creativity and culinary excellency!! Wow!!

Haha, that photograph of Mal is priceless :0)

One Food Guy said...

Wow, cake tasting! I want to get married again, to my wife of course, so that we can do menu and cake tastings! We got to skip all these formalities by having a destination wedding.

Katy said...

Those cakes are so cool looking! I just got engaged and am already extremely excited for cake tasting. :-)