Sunday, March 9, 2008

Reception Tasting

I finally got some of the photos from the reception tasting uploaded. Blogger is having some issues, but if I upload the photos one by one, it will worked. Unfortunately, my photos are a little out of order, so bare with me.

So, the tasting was a blast!!!!! I looked forward to it all week, and the evening flew by! We arrived at the reception site around 6:30... checked-in, sampled the house wines, tasted a few passed hors d'oeuvres (photos below), and spoke to a couple of vendors. (My mom and I got some great ideas for the wedding flowers!) 

Dinner was amazing! In my experience, wedding receptions don't typically have the best meals, but the food at our site knocked our socks off! We tasted a number of main entrees: chicken (4 types!), grilled salmon, stuffed haddock, prime rib, and roast tenderloin. There was no shortage of food at this event. I most definitely splurged! 

We (Mal and I and our parents) all had different opinions on our favorite entrees, especially the chicken choices. (For our wedding reception, Mal and I will have to decide on a beef, chicken, and veggie/fish option for our reception meal.) As for the chicken choices, my mom really liked the Chicken Hawthorne (stuffed with crispy prosciutto, mushrooms, spinach and cream cheese with a red wine sauce), Mal's dad liked the Sky Meadow Chicken (stuffed with corn bread, bacon, pistachios and sun-dried cherries with a red wine sauce, and Mal and I favored the Sauteed Chicken Breast (with a fresh herb cream sauce topped with diced ham and tomatoes). We'll probably choose the Sauteed Chicken Breast, Prime Rib, and Baked Stuff Haddock as our three selections for the entrees. As for passed hors d-oeuvres (we made a 5-star rating scale for these), our favorites were the Roasted Vegetable Crustini, Seafood Stuff Mushrooms, and the Coconut Chicken Tenders. Our "Detail Meeting" is still 2 weeks away, so we still have a little time to make our final decisions. 


Mal's plate piled high! He tried a little of everything.


My plate. I ate about 2/3 of the food.


Rangoon
Fried Wonton filled with Cream Cheese and Crab with 
Dipping Sauce of Apricot-Green Peppercorn Sauce 


Coconut Chicken Tenders
Chicken tenders coated in coconut batter and deep fried and served 
with Sweet and Sour Sauce


Roasted Vegetables on Crustini
Summer and zucchini squash, peppers and mushrooms served on crustini with aioli topped with roasted red pepper cream cheese with tomato garnish 


Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms
Mushrooms with crab and shrimp stuffing 


I'm off to cook homemade pizza with dough from scratch! Wedding cake to come later this evening! Check back later tonight! :)

4 Comments:

Leng said...

Blogger does seem to have trouble sometimes. 2 of my days have been deleted. They should really fix that. I know that some people have been complaining.

The big day is approaching. Sounds like you're having fun eating all the food in the meantime. :-)

By the way I'm a totally addicted to LOST also!

Living to Feel Good said...

All of those chickens sound good...there is something I love in each of them. I've never tried a seafood stuff mushroom, looks and sounds good though!! :D

healthy ashley said...

All of that food is making me so hungry! And I just ate!!

One Food Guy said...

I am all about those apps! I'm so hungry now, I want some crab rangoon (from Golden Temple of course) and some of those coconut chicken tenders...yum!