Monday, March 17, 2008

Case of the Mondays

I totally have a case of the Mondays today. I had a rough night of sleep-- I didn't fall asleep until about 1:30 am then kept waking up all night long. Around 4:00 am, I decided to reset my alarm and skip the gym this morning. (Hopefully, I will be motivated to workout tonight!) So, needless to say, I am not well rested... and to add to my misery (such a drama queen!), it's freezing in Boston, and this work week looks like it's going to be hectic and stressful again. Ugh. Sorry to be such a downer this morning. Hopefully, my mood will improve ASAP!

Breakfast today was oat bran with banana, ground flaxseed meal, and carob chips (VeggieGirl, I finally found them!)


Up close and personal with my carob chips...


At work, I made a rice milk misto (1/2 coffee, 1/2 rice milk). It tastes de-lish, and it's a nice change from the usual coffee with cream.

5 Comments:

Unknown said...

I hope your morning gets better too!

gc said...

how did the carob chips compare?

Anonymous said...

I have the same question as emma... Are they just as good as the real thing? :)

Anonymous said...

Emma and Lindsay,

Honestly, I like the real chocolate chips better. Carob chips are definitely healthier, but sadly, they don't taste as good to me. I was thinking I might actually buy a bag of regular chocolate chips and mix them with the carob chips to get the best of both worlds!

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about chopping up your dried apricots and putting them in your oatmeal, bulgar, etc. I saw a recipe for that in Martha Stewart Living today!