Sunday, March 16, 2008

Saving Room for Dessert

When we were grocery shopping this afternoon, Mal snuck 2 pints of Ben and Jerry's ice cream into our shopping cart. I had planned to cook a nice, big dinner, but since I really wanted some Mint Chocolate Cookie ice cream, I decided to keep dinner light and save room for dessert! Life is all about balance, right? :) 

For dinner, I ate a spinach salad with 2 stuffed grapeleaves.  


Here's the glorious pint of Ben & Jerry's Mint Chocolate Cookie ice cream... even the photo looks delicious! 


My bowl... I'm estimating that Mal served me a little less than 1 cup of ice cream. Dessert was a lot of calories (and saturated fat), but sometimes dessert is just worth it! (I'll make sure tomorrow morning's workout is a good one.) 


I'm off to de-stress with my Sunday night ritual: reading the Sunday newspaper in bed with Mr. Mal. I swear this is the only thing that makes Sunday nights bearable for me. I usually dread Sunday nights. Ugh, I can't believe the work week is starting already! Yuck. Good night, all! 

10 Comments:

chandra said...

That ice cream does look super good!! Now I want some! I will have to look for it next time I go shopping. I loooove mint chocolate chip ice cream so I bet mint cookie would be just as good!!

Anonymous said...

just out of curiosity, what are stuffed grapeleaves?

Anonymous said...

yummmmmmmm...mint chocolate cookie used to be my fav. now i love cherry garcia. it's all good though! your's looks especially scruptious!

Alicia said...

I get the sunday blues as well so was feeling down. Well, the good news is that this friday is a holiday so it's a short work week. Hooray! And I'm planning to treat myself to a good breakfast on friday since there's no work.

Anonymous said...

I HATE sunday nights too!!

Anonymous said...

I love stuffed grapeleaves, where did you get them? I made the olive oil cake for the first time this weekend and absolutely loved it!!!

Anonymous said...

Anon,

Here's a link to a grapeleaves recipe from Whole Foods: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/appetizer/grapeleaves.html
They are so delicious!

ccameron75,

I bought my stuffed grapeleaves at a specialty health food store in my town, but Whole Foods sells them. I think other "health" food stores would have them too. So glad you liked the Olive Oil Cake! I love it too!

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

Ben & Jerry's Half Baked Frozen Yogurt is my favorite. Highly recommended for a not-so-guilty splurge now and then.

arielle said...

I can't buy Ben & Jerry's because I will eat way too much, but sometimes my boyfriend will bring it home for me and then I feel better because it's not my fault. I love the oatmeal cookie. Oh god, now I'm thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

arimcg,

Haha, that's the same way I feel about Mal slipping in the pint of B&J into our groceries. It was totally his fault, but of course, I will have some! :)