Monday, March 17, 2008

Pieces of Lunch

Monday madness in the office forced me to eat my lunch over the course of a few hours this afternoon. I kept being interrupted and dragged into last-minute meetings, but enjoyed various parts of my lunch over the span of about 3 hours. Considering I finally finished my lunch at 3:30, there is no need for my afternoon snack today!

Lunch was roasted veggies with 2 whole grain apricot rolls. Only one roll is pictured because I ended up grabbing a second one later on! They were so yummy!


Part 2 of my lunch: a big-ass orange!


Part 3 of my lunch: carob spirulina chunks, which, despite the name, are surprisingly delicious.

I purchased these from my local specialty/health food store: Good Health. I had recently read about the health benefits of spirulina, so I decided to give them a try.

Ingredients for the carob spirulina chunks: Sunflower seeds, honey, carob powder, sesame seeds, nutty rice cereal (brown rice, raisin juice from concentrate, rice bran, sea salt), peanuts, organic apricots (may contain rice flour,) pumpkin seeds, cashews, peanut butter, natural vanilla flavor with other natural flavors, spirulina.

2 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

ahh, so sorry that you had to rush through lunch again :0( at least it looks delicious!! those apricot rolls look/sound amazing!

carob spirulina chunks?!?!? **dies and goes to heaven** I'm a carob fanatic! :0)

Anonymous said...

mmm looks good... great idea about mixing the carob & chocolate... ill have to give it a try in my frozen banana treat hehe

hope ur night is more relaxed!