Monday, March 17, 2008

Just Do It

Mal was already working out in the gym when I arrived home, so I boogied upstairs, changed into my gym clothes, and joined him for a workout. I wasn't at all motivated to workout on my commute home, but I am so glad that I chose to "just do it" and get my butt moving. I did 25 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes walking on the treadmill. Towards the end of my workout, I was getting hungry for dinner, so I only did about 1/2 of my back and biceps workout, which I'll finish tomorrow morning.

Mal cooked dinner for me tonight. He made me a BLT on Ezekiel bread before I even got back from my workout-- all I had to do was sit down and eat it! What a guy! It was a delicious sandwich too!


After eating my sandwich, I still wanted something else to eat... I was craving sweet, nutty carbs. I decided on Ezekiel bread, toasted with peanut butter and wheat germ sprinkled on top, and a few squares of a Hershey's bar (baby shower favor) broken into pieces. I'm a big fan of this combination. The wheat germ added a natural, crunchy texture to the peanut butter, and the combo of chocolate and peanut butter is always a sweet treat. It was totally what I was craving! Off to watch How I Met Your Mother... then bed! Good night!

9 Comments:

justmythoughts said...

I love "How I Met Your Mother"...and "Two and A Half Men" too! I've looked at the Ezeikel Bread...is it really good? I think it's the "sprouted" word that I can't get past. Do you actually see the "sprouts" in the bread? Do you have to keep it in the fridge?

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

aww, that's lovely that Mal made you dinner :0)

mmm, your Ezekiel toast snack looks divine! yum!

Anonymous said...

I love your idea of chocolate on toast and peanut butter! Must try this. =)

healthy ashley said...

I'll need to give that snack idea a try!

Aren't those workouts where we almost-didn't-go the best? I hope you feel good!

And that is so sweet that he made you a sandwich for dinner. My boyfriend makes me grilled cheese with eggs- and I love it!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE how i met your mother. It's one of my favs and always cracks me up.

and your toast combo looks fab. ezekiel bread is always tasty!

Anonymous said...

yum, your ezekiel toast looks delicious!

Unknown said...

I was just thinking about wheat germ today! My mom used to add it to our pancakes and I would always complain because I wanted the IHOP kind. haha. But today I made some waffles with flax seed and LOVED the crunch. If I was not allergic to wheat I am SURE I would love your sandwich!

Also your dinner looks fantastic. What a great guy for having it ready for when you got back :-)

Anonymous said...

Yummy... best of pb & chocolate but still healthy & delish :)

Anonymous said...

"how I met your mother", so glad it's back on! Love The Big Bang Theory and Old Christine too!