Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Taxing Tuesday

Sorry that I have been a such a whiner lately! I am on overdrive at work!! And as mentioned in a previous post, I do not deal with stress well. Let's hope things settle down ASAP!

Ok, on with the post...

I had a great workout this morning. I got right out of bed and started my workout promptly at 5:40 am. I lifted my back and biceps for about 30 minutes then jumped on the elliptical for another 30 minutes. I stretched, showered, got ready for work, and had a little extra time to enjoy my breakfast and read a few blogs. At least my day started off nicely!

Breakfast was bulgar with vanilla hemp milk and chopped dates. I love the mushy consistency and sweet taste that the hemp milk gives the bulgar.


I also grabbed an apple to eat later at work...


Lunch was a big, veggie-packed salad with 2 stuffed grapeleaves. All of the ingredients were so fresh and delicious, I didn't bother to add any balsamic vinegar to it-- my salad was prefect "naked!"

My plate of veggie goodness...


Also with lunch, I had a piece of toasted Ezekiel bread with peanut butter and the other half of the Hershey's bar that I started to eat last night. Sorry no photo of the chocolate-- I chowed it without thinking first! Stupid stress!

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

stress always leads me directly to chocolate too (or candy in general). I try to watch it, but sometimes you gotta give in or you'll go crazy.

Hope the rest of your day goes well!

Anonymous said...

Do you eat prior to working out? Whats your typical morning workout, and what time do you need to leave for work by?

Thanks-- just trying to get a handle on this morning workout thing before work!
:-)

Anonymous said...

Anon,

Sometimes I eat a snack before the gym. It just depends if I am hungry before I wake up. Usually it's toast with peanut butter or a few dates.

My typical morning workout is about an hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes-- usually a mix of free weights and cardio (running, walking or elliptical).

I leave my apartment between 7:45-7:55, and it takes me about an hour to get to work.

Anonymous said...

What time do you wake up, if you don't mind me asking?

Anonymous said...

Anon,

I wake up at 5:30.

Anonymous said...

Tina,

How exactly do you make your bulgur hemp mixture? I might give bulgur another try with the delicious marshmallow hemp milk :)

Anonymous said...

Aww I am sorry to hear you are stressed out - I definitely go right for the chocolate too, but looks like you kept it in moderation, so good job with that! I hope your stress disappears soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info, Tina!

Have a great night :-D

Anonymous said...

Hi Kath,

I mix 1/4 cup of dry bulgar with 1/3 cup hemp milk and 2/3 cup water... then I pop it in the microwave for 6 minutes. I use a big Pyrex bowl to make sure that the mixture doesn't overflow. I think adding sliced banana and more hemp milk would make it really marshmallowy-- maybe I'll give that a try!