Thursday, March 27, 2008

Almost Over

Work flew by today! I can't believe it's also time to leave! (Not that I am complaining!) I'm excited to catch up with friends and eat good food tonight!

So, my photos are a little out of order this afternoon. Sorry about that... I'm not sure what I did.

My snack this afternoon was a piece of toast with peanut butter and an iced coffee from Dunkin' Donuts. FYI-- now that the weather is getting nice, you will see a lot of Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee in the blog! It is my favorite warm weather treat... in addition to mojitos! :)


Lunch today was a big ol' salad-- half homemade, half from HSPH's salad bar. We had some veggies in our fridge for a salad, but not enough to make a meal.

From home, I brought this salad with lettuce, onion, green peppers, tomato, and black beans...


...and then picked up some "fun" additions from the salad bar... broccoli, feta cheese, beets, chicken breast, artichokes, wasabi peas, jalapeƱos, and a piece of very pink grapefruit.


All together... a wonderful lunch with a variety of flavor and nutrients. This baby filled me up! I couldn't even finish it!


There's always room for sweet snacks, so about an hour after eating my salad, I also had some dates and 2 carob spirulina chunks. Mmmm...


And here's a shot of my iced coffee from my afternoon snack... delish!


For dinner, we are meeting friends at Wagamama's, which I've been wanting to try for awhile now. (I think I even mentioned it in a previous post.) Wagamama's is a chain of Asian-inspired noodle restaurants, and the two locations in Boston are relatively new. I hear that the food is really, really great, and fairly priced. I love trying new restaurants! I checked out the menu online, and everything sounds delicious! Please let me know if you have any recommendations!

13 Comments:

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

Do you prefer the Dunkin' Donuts iced coffees to Starbucks? I've never tried anything from Dunkin' Donuts, but I hear they have yummy coffee drinks.

Beth said...

I ate at a TON of Wagamama's when I was in London! So jealous that they opened one in Boston. All of the soup bowl dishes are delicious - like giant bowls of homemade ramen soup!

Anonymous said...

Spirulina chunks...hmm, how do you like them? I've heard that they're filling but a little funky in flavor..?

Anonymous said...

Those spirulina chunks look good! I've seen them before but haven't tried them yet.

Amy said...

How was Wagamama's? I went to one in Dublin and loved it! I still need to get to the one in Boston.

The iced coffee looks great! How do you take yours? I try to stick to skim milk but I can never seem to get it light enough when I get it there.

Matt said...

it would be hard for me to go to dunkin donuts and not get a donut! we only have krispy kreme down here at school and they are nothing compared to the beloved dunkin.

Simple and Divine said...

OMG I loooove Wagamama's! I ate there when I was in London...It's SO delish and they give ENORMOUS portions haha. But the quality of the food is superb and I'm super Jealous miss Tina! Enjoy your evening...Hooray for tomorrow being FRIDAY :) :) :)

pokeepsie said...

The Wagamama in Boston is amazing! All the noodle dishes are good..I hope you like it!

PS I really love your blog. You have such a great balance in your life (which includes sweets!) and it's inspiring. I also love hearing about your wedding plans...

Anonymous said...

Mmmm I used to be obsessed w/ DD iced coffee last year, then I discovered Starbucks Iced Green tea and then got addicted to that!

gc said...

dunkin donuts iced coffee is the BEST! and yes kristen, it's wayy better than starbucks! (that's the east coast girl in me!)

Unknown said...

Mmmm iced coffee is the best. I wish we had a dunkin donuts near me.

Anonymous said...

Kristen,

D&D or Starbucks, that is THE question! They're both very good... I think it just depends on my mood. If I want a soy milk misto or a latte, I go to Starbucks. If I want an iced coffee, I go to Dunkin Donuts. They both have their positives and negatives.

hk,

I really like the carob spirulina chunks. Carob has a kind of funky taste-- it's really not like chocolate, not nearly as sweet. If you like carob, you will definitely like the spirulina chunks!

amica82,

If I get iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts, I put 1% milk and sugar in. If I get it from Starbucks, I add soy milk and Splenda. If you like soy milk, it seems to lighten-up coffee pretty well.

Leah said...

Chunks of Energy are filling indeed, and if you don't like the flavor of carob, there are 11 other flavors including some raw and organic ones. Lemon cashew, cacao and goji berry, or simply vanilla almond...mmm. The business--Dancing Star--is my family's, and I'm in charge of the blog. It's a bit lackluster--I'm the first to admit it--because I'm new to the blogosphere, but check for updates. It's chunksofenergy.blogspot.com, and if you'd like details about the product, or to find a store near you, check out danstarco.com.

hk, it looks like you're in Calgary. We don't sell in Canada, but it's my project for the fall to see how complicated the process is. I live in Montreal, and I'd reeaaaaaaaaly like to be able to get them here. Of course, you may be able to get a sample from my dad, and then buy a case of 5 or 10 pounds. They freeze well, and are good to share. Also, can I see your blog? I am not quite vegan, but the more recipes I have, the more likely it is that i will be!

Tina, so many good recipes you have...Thanks!