Thursday, March 27, 2008

Is it really Thursday?

Does it feel like Friday to anyone else? Isn't it strange how that happens sometimes? I have a half day of work tomorrow, and my boss is out today, so I suppose that would make it feel like a Friday, right? :)

I slept in again this morning, but for a good reason: I wanted to blow dry my hair! I usually leave the house with sopping wet (sometimes half dry) hair, which ends up in either a ponytail, twist with a clip, or bun/messiness with a headband. (I know, I should probably try a little harder!) Blowing drying my hair takes at least an extra 30 minutes in the morning, especially if I want it to look good, so I don't often take the time to do it. I'm meeting friends for dinner tonight then going to a fundraiser, so I wanted to make myself look "presentable."

Breakfast this morning was bulgar with hemp milk. By the way, hemp milk is the key to soft and creamy bulgar-- using just water makes it more couscous-like. I also sliced-up a kiwi to enjoy with my bulgar, and ate a piece of banana bread before I left my apartment.


At work, I made a soy milk misto. This is my absolute favorite coffee drink, and my "go-to" at Starbucks! :)


It's only 11:30, and I already want lunch!

5 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

It DEFINITELY feels like Friday, and I wish it was - at least it's CLOSE to Friday though! :0)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

p.s. - hempmilk = daily obsession/indulgence of mine :0)

Erin said...

Ha, ha, I agree with you about the hair. It takes me an extra 15 minutes at least, so my hair is usually in a ponytail. A kid that I know said to me the other day, "Why is your hair always back?" I blow dried it the next day. I am just too tired and lazy in the morning.

I am going to try your banana bread - I have many bananas here that are past their prime.

Unknown said...

I rarely dry my hair. It is up in a pony tail every day of the week. I dont need to impress the people at my work, who show up to work in their PJs sometimes.

Can it just BE friday instead of feeling like it? haha.

arielle said...

I never dry my hair. Dead of winter, and I'm walking around with a wet head. I hate blow dryers.