Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dreaming of Warm Weather

Snow, snow go away...

Blah... it's a snowy, gray, frigid morning here... not at all early Spring. I know that Boston can potentially get snow well into April, but I was hoping we'd seen the last of it. I'm very ready for warmth, sun, and blue skies! Come on, Spring!!!

Morning workout: 15 minutes of toning (legs), followed by 35 minutes on the elliptical (caught up on my celeb gossip!), and 10 minutes of abs. It felt good to get moving this morning!

Breakfast was quick and easy today. Last night, I baked Kath's Banana Baked Oatmeal, so all I had to do this morning was reheat it. I also cut up a big ol' cantaloupe, so that was a breeze to prepare as well. The baked oatmeal was wonderful and very filling... and of course, the bonus was how simple it was to reheat! I love a no-nonsense breakfast!


Very juicy cantaloupe...



Lots to accomplish today-- my To Do list is enormous! Be back this afternoon!

Banana Baked Oatmeal: 300
1/2 cup cantaloupe: 30
Misto w/ 1 cup rice milk: 100
2 pumpkin carob chip muffins: ~100
Breakfast total: 530

7 Comments:

Kathy said...

Yum! Can I come over?

Anne P said...

Looks tasty! I saw that on Kath's blog yesterday and it looks soooo good. I have to admit, I really want it to be apple and not banana for some reason. Maybe because it looks so apple-crisp esque. Anyway, I was wondering how you reheated it? I know Kath did hers in the oven this morning, so I was wondering if you had microwaved it and could report on the tastiness of that method.

Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

Cantaloupe must be getting back in season, ours was super juicy and sweet too!

Anonymous said...

Has anyone ever tried the black beans/brownie mix or pumpkin/brownie mix? If so, please let me know how they turned out. I was going to try both tonight. I was also wondering how the microwaved baked oatmeal turned out too.

Anonymous said...

Anne,

Totally agree with you about the apples! I think I am going to try that next time.

Yep, I reheated the banana baked oatmeal in the microwave. It turned out great, but I bet Kath's had a nice crispy top.

ccameron,

I haven't tried the black beans brownies, but I've seen the recipe. It sounds so interesting. Let me know how it turns out, if you make it!

Unknown said...

Mmm the food looks great. I will think warm weather thoughts for you!

Anonymous said...

I am defiantly going to have to try baked oatmeal! I also wanted to let you know that I also enjoy reading your blog- you seem to have a great attitude towards food!