Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Longest. Afternoon. Ever.

I'm currently living the longest afternoon ever! Don't you hate those days?!? The morning flew by, but the last couple of hours have totally dragged. Fortunately, I made a huge dent in my To Do list today, so I am feeling a lot less stressed now that my workload is manageable once again... even so, I can't wait to go home! :)

Lunch was a mix of foods: a Kashi waffle with peanut butter, baby carrots, an apple, and 3 pumpkin carob chip muffins. I brought a bunch of the pumpkin carob chip muffins to share with my coworkers today. I wasn't sure how a vegan recipe would go over with them (they're not very adventurous when it comes to food), but everyone really liked the muffins... or at least, they acted like they did!



I tried a new snack this afternoon: Vermont Spoondance Creamery Water Buffalo Milk Yogurt. Who would have guessed that you could milk a water buffalo? I had no idea! If you like Fage, you will LOVE this stuff! Its texture is really, really thick, and the taste is relatively mild, but a little sour, and a lot more smooth and "desserty" than Fage. My water buffalo yogurt container (150 kcal) was high in calcium (25% DV), but also high in saturated fat (35% DV), which would be my only gripe about this snack. It's so delicious that I will probably buy it again; it's a nice change from the usual yogurt/Fage. I also mixed in about 1/3 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch.

4 Comments:

gc said...

Tina- Your baked oatmeal and carrot muffins both look AMAZING. Haha I missed reading your blog the past 2 days with no internet! you obviously were busy baking some amazing treats! I have to try both of those!!

Anonymous said...

aww i wanted to see what the muffins looked like!

Ha, I have the oppostie problem with coworkers. I will make something and bring them in and no one will eat them because they are all trainers and dont know what went into them. Youd think they would trust me to make healthy things, but I guess not. Psh.

Anonymous said...

I find that not telling people that my baking is vegan really helps. If I tell them after they go "wow! This is so good!!! I can't believe it's vegan". And people suddenly realize that vegan foods are delicious, hehe. =)

Unknown said...

My friend makes vegan cupcakes and brings them to work all the time and everyone loves them, but then when she says she eats vegan food they all go GROSSS. People are ridiculous. haha.

Your waffle looks amazing. I ran out of peanut butter somehow and now I am jealous. haha.