Monday, March 3, 2008

Early Lunch and an Early Snack

I typically wait until about 12:30/1:00 to each my lunch because I will usually eat a mid-morning snack around 10:00. I ate a snack this morning, but around 11:30, my stomach started to grumble! I was surprised that I was hungry so soon after my snack, but I listened to by body and ate my lunch early.

Lunch was leftover pizza from last night with carrots and snap peas that I dipped into peanut sauce. Last night when I was making my lunch for today, I knew that I wanted something to jazz-up my raw veggies. We had the typically salad dressings and hummus, but I wanted something a little more "exciting." As soon as I saw this peanut sauce in the refrigerator door, I knew it would be the perfect addition to my lunch... and it was! Yum!


Raw veggies: ~75
2 tbsp peanut sauce: 70
Pizza: ~250
3 Reese PB cups: 125
Lunch total: 520

Snack

Right on schedule, I ate my snack early too. Usually, I eat "by the clock," having my snack around 3:30 most days-- I'm almost always hungry then too. Today, however, my hunger is different. Over the past few years, I've gotten much better at gaging my hunger, and today is one of those days that my body just wants more fuel. My snack was Fage with canned pumpkin and chocolate chips. I also made a mug of Refresh tea. I'm feeling satisfied now. I guess my body just has a different eating schedule for the day.

Fage: 80
1/3 cup canned pumpkin: 30
1 tbsp chocolate chips: 70
Snack total: 180

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you add Splenda to the fage/pumpkin?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I usually add one packet if I eat the Fage with the pumpkin. However, if I am eating the Fage alone, I don't add it.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

mmm, peanut-sauce is WONDERFUL with crisp, raw vegetables - makes a perfect accompaniment to your homemade pizza!

Unknown said...

The fage/pumpkin mix looks fantastic! Does it keep you full pretty long because of all the fiber?

RunEatRepeat said...

Do you add any kind of sweetener to your fage yogurt and pumpkin? I think it would be way to bitter for me without something to sweeten it up.

RunEatRepeat said...

Nevermind you answered my question.
Duh! It was right there the whole time :)