Monday, March 31, 2008

Final Day of March

I'm so happy that today is the final day of March, which means that Spring (hopefully) is right around the corner. Tomorrow, I think we will actually get a glimpse of warm weather-- it's supposed to reach a high of 60! :)

I woke up in the mood for something besides oatmeal/bulgar/oat bran, so I made a 1-egg omelet, which I ate with a buttered English muffin and orange slices. Breakfast filled me up, but I felt like I wanted something else to eat, so I grabbed a handful of dates before I left our apartment... maybe I just have a weird date addiction!?


All together... The orange slices were incredibly juicy and sweet!


English muffin: 100
1/2 tbsp Olivio: 40
1 egg: 75
Orange: 85
7 dates: 150
Breakfast total: 450


Foodbuzz


A few weeks ago, I was selected to be a Featured Publisher on Foodbuzz, the first-ever community site devoted exclusively to food and dining content, and an unparalleled resource for searching, surfing and sharing with fellow foodies everywhere. (You probably have already noticed the various Foodbuzz icons on my blog, especially the big ad in the sidebar.) In the mail this weekend, I received my own "Carrots and Cake" business cards, each of which has a different food design on the back. They're so cute-- just had to share!

Please feel free to check out Foodbuzz! There is such a vast amount of information on the website-- including content about dining out, cooking at home, swapping recipes, restaurant openings, discovering new flavors, drooling over a food blog, dishing about new blog posts, cookbooks, videos, recipes, and menus.



Stonyfield Recall


Just a quick FYI...

Stonyfield Announces Voluntary Recall of Select Blueberry Cups
Affects 6-Ounce Fat Free Blueberry Yogurts

More info: http://www.stonyfield.com/Aboutus/MoosReleases_Display.cfm?pr_id=166

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Tina. Glad you had a great weekend. I made the pumpkin Bread this weekend. The first batch turned out like Pumpkin pie and I followed your instructions. So I decided to do it over again, and instead of using 1 can of pumpkin, I used 1 cup of pumpkin...Much better. I even added a mashed banana and some walnuts. I also substituted the oil with Apple Sauce. Was very good.

Anonymous said...

Carrie,

Oh my gosh, I made a typo in the recipe... 1 can should have been 1 cup! When I read you comment, I was thinking, did I really put the whole can in the recipe? Sorry for the confusion! I'm glad your pumpkin bread came out okay. Did you end up using maple syrup in it? I couldn't taste it when I made it, so I might nix it next time.

Anonymous said...

i've been noticing the food buzz think on your side bar and have been wondering what it is! so cool! i'll keep checkign it out.

your oranges look so pretty, by the way!

Anonymous said...

I didn't use the maple syrup. I couldn't justify paying $4 for something that I may not use again. I am not a big syrup fan. Would rather use peanut butter on pancakes and waffles. Weird, I know.

Anonymous said...

I just became a featured publisher for FoodBuzz too!! ;) I hope I get those cute cards!!

Jill said...

Those eggs are so lovely! Thanks for the warning on stonyfields, I buy those at school all the time - a and often blueberry! I'll hold off for awhile.