Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday Catch-Up

Mal and I have plans to relax and watch a movie, so I need to make tonight's post quick. He has ants in his pants about starting the movie soon, so we're not up too late watching it. 

Lunch this afternoon was 1/2 of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on Ezekiel bread with some kiwi slices on the side. I realize that this is a pretty small lunch, but I had just finished a workout and I couldn't stomach a big meal... and I made up the calories later! 


A couple hours after eating lunch, I decided to splurge on one of those cake-shaped cookies that we received at the wedding band event on Friday. I had planned to eat just 1/2 of the cookie, but ended up eating the whole thing! I've decided that frosting, especially on cookies, is my kryptonite! I am helpless! 



I enjoyed a mug of Yogi Peppermint Tea with my cookie. I'm down to my last couple of bags of Tazo Refresh tea, and the Yogi tea was on sale this week, so I decided to give it a try. The Yogi tea is wonderful-- just as good as the Tazo Refresh tea... and it's a couple bucks cheaper! A little while after having my cookie and tea, I munched on an apple to hold me over until dinner. 


Dinner tonight was Mal's brain child: Buffalo Chicken Pizza. We sauteed a chicken breast, cut it into chunks, and then coated it with Buffalo sauce. We prepared the store-bought pizza dough with sauce and shredded mozzarella, and then topped it with the Buffalo chicken chunks. We cooked it in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, and viola-- Buffalo Chicken Pizza! The Buffalo sauce gave the pizza quite a kick


Buffalo chicken cheesiness...


Two slices of pizza with sauteed garlic asparagus...


For dessert: dark chocolate Peanut M&Ms (from Easter)...



My serving of Peanut M&M's was about 1/4 cup...


Movie time! Good night! 

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you deliberately eat a very small dinner? I notice that your dinners are consistently very small. I just don't think that would keep me until morning.

gc said...

Yum! I love BBQ chicken pizza- actually what's really good with that combo is some sliced red onions on top- they get carmelized and sweet, and are great with the tangy spicy BBQ sauce!

Anonymous said...

i agree with em. red onions are perfect on bbq chicken pizza!!! yours looks absolutely delicious!

oh my gosh i LOVE the bakery your cookie is from.. my friend had a cake from KM, and it was to die for. :)

i love your blog!!

jillian said...

Pizza looks awesome ;)

Anonymous said...

Anon,

I suppose my dinners are smaller than most people's, but I don't think dinner should be the biggest meal of the day. My breakfast and lunch are typically larger, and eat a number of snacks during the day, so dinner just ends up being on the small side sometimes.

Emma,

We actually bought a red onion just for the pizza, but we forgot about it! What a bummer! I agree, red onion would make a wonderful addition to the BBQ sauce!

Anonymous said...

mmmm ;) my fiance & i make this all the time!