Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday Catch-Up

Mal and I have plans to relax and watch a movie, so I need to make tonight's post quick. He has ants in his pants about starting the movie soon, so we're not up too late watching it. 

Lunch this afternoon was 1/2 of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on Ezekiel bread with some kiwi slices on the side. I realize that this is a pretty small lunch, but I had just finished a workout and I couldn't stomach a big meal... and I made up the calories later! 


A couple hours after eating lunch, I decided to splurge on one of those cake-shaped cookies that we received at the wedding band event on Friday. I had planned to eat just 1/2 of the cookie, but ended up eating the whole thing! I've decided that frosting, especially on cookies, is my kryptonite! I am helpless! 



I enjoyed a mug of Yogi Peppermint Tea with my cookie. I'm down to my last couple of bags of Tazo Refresh tea, and the Yogi tea was on sale this week, so I decided to give it a try. The Yogi tea is wonderful-- just as good as the Tazo Refresh tea... and it's a couple bucks cheaper! A little while after having my cookie and tea, I munched on an apple to hold me over until dinner. 


Dinner tonight was Mal's brain child: Buffalo Chicken Pizza. We sauteed a chicken breast, cut it into chunks, and then coated it with Buffalo sauce. We prepared the store-bought pizza dough with sauce and shredded mozzarella, and then topped it with the Buffalo chicken chunks. We cooked it in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, and viola-- Buffalo Chicken Pizza! The Buffalo sauce gave the pizza quite a kick


Buffalo chicken cheesiness...


Two slices of pizza with sauteed garlic asparagus...


For dessert: dark chocolate Peanut M&Ms (from Easter)...



My serving of Peanut M&M's was about 1/4 cup...


Movie time! Good night! 

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you deliberately eat a very small dinner? I notice that your dinners are consistently very small. I just don't think that would keep me until morning.

em said...

Yum! I love BBQ chicken pizza- actually what's really good with that combo is some sliced red onions on top- they get carmelized and sweet, and are great with the tangy spicy BBQ sauce!

Niko said...

i agree with em. red onions are perfect on bbq chicken pizza!!! yours looks absolutely delicious!

oh my gosh i LOVE the bakery your cookie is from.. my friend had a cake from KM, and it was to die for. :)

i love your blog!!

Jillian said...

Pizza looks awesome ;)

Tina said...

Anon,

I suppose my dinners are smaller than most people's, but I don't think dinner should be the biggest meal of the day. My breakfast and lunch are typically larger, and eat a number of snacks during the day, so dinner just ends up being on the small side sometimes.

Emma,

We actually bought a red onion just for the pizza, but we forgot about it! What a bummer! I agree, red onion would make a wonderful addition to the BBQ sauce!

loveofoats said...

mmmm ;) my fiance & i make this all the time!

Joe said...

bridal gowns beach wedding dresses couture wedding dresses destination wedding dresses informal wedding dresses bridesmaid dresses mother of bride dresses cocktail wedding dresses evening gowns quinceanera dresses wedding dress wedding dresses wholesale wedding dresses cheap wedding dresses bridal online shop

Joe said...

Off the Shoulder bridesmaid dresses One Shoulder bridesmaid dresses Portrait bridesmaid dresses Queen Anne bridesmaid dresses Sabrina bridesmaid dresses Scoop bridesmaid dresses Spaghetti Straps bridesmaid dresses Square bridesmaid dresses Strapless bridesmaid dresses Straps bridesmaid dresses Sweetheart bridesmaid dresses V-Neck bridesmaid dresses Other Necklines bridesmaid dresses Short bridesmaid dresses Knee Length bridesmaid dresses Tea Length bridesmaid dresses Ankle Length bridesmaid dresses Floor Length bridesmaid dresses Sweep Train bridesmaid dresses Asymmetrical bridesmaid dresses Panel Train bridesmaid dresses Watteau Train bridesmaid dresses Chiffon bridesmaid dresses

Joe said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses