Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday Morning & Saturday Night

I'm off to a slow start after a late evening out on the town with the girls. Sunday morning breakfast was bulgar with sliced banana. I ate while reading the Sunday paper and drinking iced coffee (with milk and Splenda).


I tried to zoom-in on the banana pieces, but you can't really see them. The banana added a lot of flavor to the bulgar; no need for sugar-free maple syrup today!


Saturday Night

It was so, so, so wonderful getting together with my college girlfriends last night! We had a lot to celebrate-- a recent engagement, a new job, and a trip to China! The evening started at our friend, Mary Kate's house, where we had drinks and tons of yummy appetizers, including mini pizzas, grilled veggies, tiny bean tacos, and pita chips with a Greek dip of veggies and feta. It was quite the spread! Of course, I tried everything... and even went back for seconds of a couple things.

My friend, Sara, who just got engaged, and me at Mary Kate's condo.


After eating, drinking, and being merry, we jumped in a couple of cabs and headed to Sanctuary for dinner and more drinks! To start, the eight of us ordered a round of martinis. I ordered the Wild Orchid martini-- from the menu: "A burst of Raspberry and Blackberry flavors combined with a champagne float Featuring Vox Raspberry Vodka & Chambord." It was absolutely delicious... and looked so pretty when it arrived!

Wild Orchid Martini


After ordering our drinks, we went around the table and each said something that we wanted to celebrate, and then toasted as a group. It was great seeing everyone so happy! We were all pretty stuffed from the food at Mary's Kate's place, so we decided to split a few appetizers. We ordered nachos, spinach dip, and a peanut chicken dish. The nachos were placed at my end of the table (and are my favorite), so I picked at those while sipping my martini and chatting.

My second martini was a cosmo with champagne. I forget the name, and I can't find it on the Sanctuary website menu, but it was delicious too! Here's a shot of a few of us with our fancy martinis! The night was a such last! I can't wait to do it again soon!

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

dnSuch fun with the girls! I've been meaning to ask you, where is your adorable polka-dotted mug from? I love it!

Anonymous said...

That martini sounds just like the one I had on friday that was DIVINE!!

Anonymous said...

I love your mug, it's so adorable

Robin said...

That martini sounds like something I would order in a second. YUM! I'm jealous!

chandra said...

I love fun nights out like that! Looks like you had a blast!

Anonymous said...

Girls Night Out is always so much fun - looks like you had a blast!

Anonymous said...

hk,

The mug is actually from Bath & Body Works. I received it as a gift, and it had a bunch of body washes, lotions, etc. in it. It was so cute, so I decided it needed to be part of my dish collection! :)