Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday Review

Buuuussssyyy day! I've been running around like crazy, but accomplishing a lot. Here's a recap of Friday...

My day started with a bowl of bulgar with dates. Nothing exciting to report about this meal, but bulgar is still by far my favorite breakfast! Love it!


Around noon, I had breakfast for lunch: an open-face egg sandwich with swiss cheese. (I later added Tabasco sauce.) I used one of my uncle's fresh eggs to make my sandwich. I didn't notice much of a difference in taste, but the color was a much more vibrant yellow. Interesting, right?


I also ate 1/2 of a grapefruit for lunch. I thought I was a pink grapefruit kind of girl, but I like the regular ones just as much.


All together... egg and cheese sandwich and 1/2 grapefruit.


My afternoon snack was a small apple (sorry no photo) and 5 or 6 carob spirulina chunks.


And for the big news of the day... Mal and I picked out our wedding bands this evening! We attended a special wedding band event for engaged couples at Long's Jeweler's, where my engagement ring was purchased. We had such a blast picking out our bands! I chose a sparkley shared-prong band, and Mal chose a brushed band with polished edges. The funny thing-- Mal's band cost more than mine! He is so high maintenance! :)

In addition to the many gorgeous wedding bands, the event also had vendors, prizes, raffles, and a cake tasting! I wasn't hungry, but I'm not one to turn down cake... ever. I chose a piece of carrot cake with the most amazing frosting ever-- it was wonderfully rich and thick. I almost ate the whole piece, but quit with about 1/3 left.


To celebrate our newly purchased rings, Mal and I decided to celebrate with dinner and a drink. Mal was in the mood for chicken fingers, so we ended up at Chilli's... not my first choice restaurant, but I do love bar food! Mal and I ordered an appetizer sampler to share. Here's a shot of my plate... buffalo chicken tenders, Mexican egg rolls, and a couple carrot sticks and celery.


I also had a glass of wine with dinner. I can't believe I even ordered (and drank) this after my booze-filled Thursday night.


At the wedding band event, the cake vendor gave Mal and I each 2 cookies. The cookies are so cute-- shortbread decorated with pink and white frosting, shaped as little wedding cakes.


Even after all of that junk food for dinner, I ate the first two layers from one of the cake cookies. It was delicious, but I need to get myself back on track. I hardly ate any fresh produce today, and I've had trouble making nutritious decisions lately. I feel like I need a kick in the butt! 

I'm exhausted from the day, so I am climbing into bed very soon. Bright and early tomorrow morning, Mal and I have our Pre-Cana Marriage Preparation course, which runs the entire day (9-5). We are probably the worst Catholics ever, but I am actually looking forward to it. As soon as we finish Pre-Cana, I am meeting some college girlfriends for a "Ladies Night," so I probably won't squeeze in a post until Sunday morning. I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday! Good night! :)

10 Comments:

gc said...

carrot cake is my favorite!! that sounds like such a fun day!

Anonymous said...

Does it feel great to go back to a good old favorite breakfast after a while? It tastes so much better!

Jill said...

Don't worry, I'm having a sugar-filled few days as well, maybe it's something in the air!

You should send a picture of your ring when it's possible... if that's not too personal for you. I love rings!

Living to Feel Good said...

Oooo how exciting. I remember how excited I was when my husband and I got our bands too. Yippee!! :)

Anonymous said...

congrats on the wedding bands, that's exciting news! Breakfast for dinner is the best, can't go wrong!

Anonymous said...

My fiance's wedding band also cost more than mine!!! Which was funny because I'm the picky one and he is not :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I love how you did a re-cap on your whole day for this post - so fun! And how exciting that you got to pick out your wedding bands!!

Anonymous said...

WEDDINGS ARE SO FUN!!! And that carrot cake looks amazing!!

Matt said...

i went to the store today and forgot to buy bulgar. i really want to try it! you make it look so good.

Jill said...

OMG!!! That is about the exact ring I have always wanted! (Is it silly I know the type of ring I like, but I'm not even in a near-marriage relationship?)