Monday, March 10, 2008

Lots of Vitamin A Today!

I just made my afternoon snack in the office: Fage with canned pumpkin, Kashi Go Lean Crunch, and a 1/2 packet of Splenda. I was surprised that I was hungry for a snack much earlier than usual, but I held off for another 30 minutes before I mixed-up the Fage-pumpkin-Kashi combo. I'm waiting to eat it until after I finish posting-- just so I won't be famished when I arrive home tonight. I hate it when I am absolutely starving and walk into our apartment, and immediately start chowing-down. If I eat a snack late in the afternoon, it will usually hold off my hunger until dinnertime around 7:00.

Afternoon snack: Fage with pumpkin, Kashi, and Splenda, and a mug of peppermint tea (Tazo "Refresh").


Fage-pumpkin-Kashi mixture...


Today's lunch was a ham and swiss sandwich with baby carrots. I also had a piece of those Oh.my.God pastries from last week-- there were still a couple in the office fridge. Lucky me!


Here's my piece of pastry up close... fudgy-chocolate with walnuts on top of a raspberry filling and a shortbread cookie-like bottom. Yum!

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

I also have to have an afternoon snack to make it to dinner without inhaling everything in it. hahah.

The pastry looks great!

gc said...

wow your olive oil muffins are the cutest!! just as good as the loaf?

And I told my mom to start having a yogurt when her energy dips around 3pm- she now does it everday and is so grateful for me having had recommended it (I didn't think it was a big deal, but hey!).

And why do your sandwiches always look so perfect?!

Have a great night Tina!