Thursday, March 20, 2008

Lovely Leftovers

I had leftovers for lunch today, but for some reason, the meal was especially delicious and satisfying. (Besides pizza, I'm not usually excited about leftovers.) After I finished eating, I thought to myself, "Wow, that was really good; I am completely content." I think the meal was just the right combination of flavors and nutrients, which made both my mind and body very happy.

Tuna-bean-rice "surprise" mixed with shredded carrots and brussels spouts on the side...


Lunch concluded with 2 coconut-covered dates... yum!


My lunch held me over until about 3:00... then I broke out my new favorite afternoon snack: a Kashi waffle with peanut butter, a perfect blend of sweet carbs, fat, and protein. I also grabbed 4 Hershey's kisses from the office candy bowl. I had (and still have) a major craving for chocolate this afternoon. I've already eaten 3 of the 4-- the last one is sitting on my desk just waiting to get eaten!


Tuna-bean-rice surprise: ~300
Brussels sprouts: 50
2 coconut covered dates: ~150
Lunch total: 500

Kashi waffle: 85
1 tbsp peanut butter: 90
4 Hershey's kisses: 100
Snack total: 280

4 Comments:

arielle said...

I am having major chocolate cravings today, too! I mean I actually have them everyday, but today is particularly bad.

Anonymous said...

So I made the Sesame Soy Chicken tonight for dinner. Oh my heavens, AMAZING! Just what I was craving. I doubled the recipe so that we could enjoy it for a few meals, and when I flipped the chicken and added the marinade back and water I added more sesame seeds and scallions.

I also was very sore today, it is my spring break since I work at a school and I did two days back to back of my Latin cardio class since I had the time. Wow, every time I turn today, I feel it.

Anonymous said...

so,it think that you should do all or none on the calories---we know you count so you should just post

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Kashi waffles ~ aren't they so good?? I think they make the perfect pre-workout snack :)