Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mal's Homemade Pizza

Mal offered to make homemade pizza for dinner, which sounded great to me. While I helped him cut veggies, he poured me a glass of wine, which I didn't refuse! 


Here's Mal having fun with the pizza dough! By the way, the brand of dough we use is Joseph's, which we find in the refrigerated section near the deli. We usually get the whole wheat version, but this time, we got the "all purpose" dough. 


As toppings, we added broccoli, red peppers, red onion, and slices of deli ham.


We had a ton of produce that was on its last day and I didn't want to go to waste, so I decided to cut them all up and throw them together in a "salad." In the "salad" was red cabbage, tomatoes, snap peas, red onion, and carrots. I also added 2 cloves of pressed garlic and 1 tbsp of both olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it ended up turning out pretty good!



5 Comments:

Annie said...

Do you put sauce/cheese on your pizza? I can totally do without he cheese, but I LOVE sauce...it basicly makes the pizza for me. Looks good though, I keep forgetting about home made pizza, Margheritta style (sp?) is my favorite and so easy!

gc said...

yummy pizzzzza

and cute fruit basket/bowl!!

Unknown said...

Wowo the meal was so colorful. I hope it was just as tasty as it was colorful!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

oh my, I cannot get over how vibrant that pizza is - look at all of those brightly-colored toppings!! yum!!

arielle said...

I like how you plan out your workouts in advance - good idea!