Thursday, March 13, 2008

Omelette Evening

Mal has parent-teacher conferences at school tonight, so it was just me for dinner. I wasn't really in the mood for anything specific, but there was a red pepper in the fridge on its last fresh day... so it became the center of my meal. I decided to make an egg white omelette with spinach, red peppers, and swiss cheese.


I ate the remaining pieces of raw red pepper with 1/2 tbsp of peanut sauce drizzled on it.


All together with soda water with lemon...


Dessert was fun tonight! I made Kath's Pumpkin Pie Cake recipe to which I added my own addition: "crust." I crushed-up a serving of Stacy's Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips and sprinkled them on top of the pumpkin pie cake mixture. After 1 minute in the microwave, I squished the pita pieces down into the mixture, which, after another minute cooking, cemented the chips into a crust of sorts.  (This might also work with graham crackers!) I loved the cinnamon sugar flavor of the chips with the gooey, warm pumpkin! Yum-o! 



1/2 cup egg whites: 60
Raw veggies: 30
1.5 pieces of swiss cheese: 150
1/2 tbsp of peanut sauce: 20
Dinner total: 260

Pumpkin pie cake: 105
1 serving pita chips: 140
Dessert total: 245

P.S. Yoga turned into 10 minutes of stretching, followed by pumpkin pie cake. Sometimes, dessert helps improve my mental state more than anything else! 

4 Comments:

gc said...

haha yum! that's a great idea for the pumpkin cake! It's such a fast and yummy treat!

Unknown said...

Wow the pumpkin dish looks amazing!!

Living to Feel Good said...

I love having omelettes for dinner. So fast and easy. Okay that is twice I've seen that pumpkin recipe, and I am a HUGE pumpkin fan. I'll have to try it this weekend!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

oooh, the pumpkin cake looks FABULOUS with those pita chips - yum!!