Thursday, March 6, 2008

Snacky Afternoon

This afternoon, my boss brought in an assortment of ridiculously delicious pastries. I have no willpower when it comes to sweets, so of course, I had to try one: a vanilla-caramel pastry with almond slices on top. Oh.my.God. It was sooooo wonderful! I enjoyed it so much; I didn't feel guilty about eating it at all! (Sorry, no photo... I ate it before I thought of taking a picture).


Around 4:15, I decided to make some oatmeal with apple chunks and a tablespoon of peanut butter. I have to stay late at work to run a student focus group, so I figured I should eat something to hold me over because I won't get home until about 8:00.


Oh.my.God pastry: ~300
Packet of instant oatmeal: 100
Apple chunks: 60
1 tbsp peanut butter: 90
Snack total: 550 (wow, that was like a meal!)

7 Comments:

Annie said...

I cant ever turn down pastries!

arielle said...

Oh.my.God pastry! Love it. I would have definitely had some, too.

Anonymous said...

i love reading your blog because it seems so much more like a "normal" person than some others...you eat when you're hungry and indulge as well and just make up for it later by eating healthy the next time or upping your workout. thanks for not making me feel bad for being the exact same way! haha

Anon said...

mmmm that pastry sounds too good to pass up! i notice you use SF maple syrup with breakfast. i also use it for my kashi waffles and oatmeal but i read on some other blogs that it has too many artificial ingredients and that regular maple syrup would be just fine. i'm a little hesistant to buy the real stuff though because of all the sugar and higher calorie content. but at the same time i dont want to put too many toxins in my body. is there a reason why you buy the SF stuff? thanks!! love the blog too

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

wow, those pastries certainly DO deserve that "oh.my.god" title - they look so decadent and delicious; as does your wholesome oatmeal! :0)

Anonymous said...

Andrea,

I love the taste of maple syrup, but I don't want all of the calories, so I buy the sugar-free stuff. I realize that I sugar-free version isn't the "real deal," but having it a few times a week won't harm me or mess up my diet. I try to eat "whole" and "natural" foods as much as I can otherwise. I also really enjoy the taste of maple syrup, so I buy it b/c it makes me happy! :)

Anonymous said...

What is a soy misto at Starbucks? I love getting their soy lattes, so good! I think it's because they use the Silk Vanilla brand soy milk.