Friday, March 7, 2008

Tasting Day!

Sorry that I didn't post last night. It was close to 8:00 when I finally arrived home, and I wanted to squeeze in a quick workout before Lost. (I'm a huge fan of the show!) I ran on the treadmill for 45 minutes, stretched, and showered just in time for the start of Lost. After the show, I immediately went to bed. I was exhausted, and had no motivation for a post.

Breakfast this morning was an oatmeal pancake with sugar-free maple syrup and an 1/2 orange. (I brought the other half to work to eat as a snack later this morning.) I met a friend before work for coffee at Starbucks, so I also had a tall soy misto for breakfast. (Sorry, no photo.) I'm drinking it now, and it is wonderful! Good pick by me this morning! :)


I love oranges!


From above...


Oatmeal pancake: 150
1/8 cup maple syrup: 15
Orange (large): 85
Tall soy misto: 70
Breakfast total: 320

Here's last night's dinner: spaghetti squash, sauteed mushrooms, and marina sauce. I threw this together on commercial breaks during Lost.


Sweet snack after dinner (also made during commercial breaks): rice cake with raspberry jam and chocolate chips.


P.S. Our wedding tasting is tonight, including cake! I'm super excited!

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I would pay an obscene amount of money to do our wedding cake tastings again. One of them was TWO HOURS long and we were trying cakes the whole time!!! I LOVE WEDDING CAKE!! Needless to say, I felt so sick that night.

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

Have fun at your tasting!!!! Sounds like a great way to start the weekend :)

-RhodeyGirl

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

hooray for a fellow 'Lost' fan!! my entire family is hooked on it as well :0D

mmm, the oatmeal pancake & orange, plus your dinner from last night, look fabulous!!

oooh, DEFINITELY enjoy the wedding-cake tasting tonight!!

Anon said...

enjoy the wedding tasting! such an exciting time in your life i bet!! i was also wondering what a misto is?? i always drink soy lattes from starbucks but today i looked for a misto and didn't see it on the signs. do they sell it at all the stores?

Anonymous said...

A misto is half coffee/half milk. It's sometimes also called a cafe au lait. To me, it takes just like a latte, but for less money and fewer calories.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I like the idea of jam on rice cakes. I always do peanut butter, which makes it sort of dry. Good idea, I'm stealin' it.