Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Starbucks and a Dress Fitting

My dressing fitting went very well! The dress didn't need many alterations, and all of the changes that the seamstress suggested were fabulous! She is truly an expert! I am so excited to see the final product at my next fitting in June.

The seamstress was running behind on her appointments tonight, so instead of dinner afterwards, we popped into Starbucks to grab a bite to eat. I ordered one of their turkey bacon, cheddar cheese breakfast sandwiches and a tall Tazo African Red Bush tea. I love Starbucks' breakfast sandwiches! Sadly, they have a lot of sodium (810 mg) and quite a bit of saturated fat (4 g), but they taste like something you'd make at home. I suppose it could be worse-- at least it isn't the garbage they serve at Dunkin' Donuts!



Before my dress fitting, I stopped by Trader Joe's to pick up some Stevia packets. I'm trying to cut back on the Splenda in my diet, so I am giving Stevia a try. Please let me know if you have any opinions about it and/or experience with it.


All together: breakfast sandwich, Tazo tea, and Stevia...


My afternoon snack was peanut butter and banana on a piece of Ezekiel bread. It hit the spot!


8 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

so happy that your dress-fitting went well!! ahh, so exciting, to be planning your wedding day :0)

Anonymous said...

I use stevia in my Fage/Pumpkin Mix, and I usually put half a pack. Its wicked sweet (Ive never used splenda so cant compare), and find that it gives tea a kind of "off" taste, but that might just be me. I love it in the fage tho, just sweet enough.

Anon said...

does anyone know what makes stevia better than splenda? i need to ween myself off splenda too ;)

Anonymous said...

Stevia is a plant extract, so it doesn't have the chemical implications of Splenda. I find that the odd/unacquired taste hardly comes through in tart foods, like yogurt. But in things like tea and coffee, or for baking, I've been using 1/2 Splenda and 1/2 Stevia to ease the transition.

Anonymous said...

mmm tazo tea ~ love it! What kind did you get? I always love trying different kinds of their teas!

Anonymous said...

Ooo, wedding dresses are fun!

Anonymous said...

2 things! :-)

First, what kind of PB do you use? TJ's makes the BEST chunky PB.

Secondly, I agree about stevia- I like just a little in cottage cheese and fage- makes it sweet.. but be careful to not put too much. For me, it's AWFUL in beverages and any type of grain (like oatmeal- bleh!)

Anonymous said...

Anon,

I use Teddie Super Chunky peanut butter. I swear, it's the best kind out there!

Thanks for the info about Stevia!