Saturday, March 1, 2008

Truffle Tuxes

We just got back from selecting the tuxes for the wedding party. We decided to go with a two-button black tux with "truffle" (dark brown) vests and ties for the guys; Mal picked out a similar style white vest and tie. (He's going to look so handsome!) The bridesmaids are wearing "espresso" dresses from Ann Taylor, and the flowers will be a mix of blue and white, so I think we'll all look wonderful together! Picking out the tuxes took us about 45 minutes from start to finish-- it couldn't have been easier! One less thing to worry about!

Lunch was Ezekel bread with peanut butter and jelly.


On our way to pick out the tuxes, we stopped at Starbucks for a afternoon pick-me-up. I tried one of their new honey lattes. It was good, but I don't think I will order it again. The honey just tasted strange to me.



We are meeting friends for drinks, not dinner now, so I decided to eat something before heading out tonight-- a soft taco very similar to last night's. If I get hungry later in the evening, I can always grab a snack while I am out. We have so many groceries now; I just figured it'd be cheaper and healthier to have dinner at home.


2 pieces Ezekel bread: 160
1/2 tbsp PB: 45
1/2 tbsp jelly: 20
Tall non-fat honey latte: 160
Lunch total: 385

Soft taco: 350
Ezekel bread: 80
1/2 tbsp PB: 45
1/2 tbsp choc. chips: 35
Dinner total: 510

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Tina,

What kind of Ezekiel bread is that? It looks like a flat bun!! Or maybe just the end pieces??

Sarah said...

I came really close to trying the new honey latte today myself! I'm happy to read a review on it! :D I think I might give it a try just once as well, but I have a feeling the regular is always going to be my favorite. :)

Lunch looks tasty!! I need to give those ezekiel rolls/breads a try, since I'm so in love with their cereals! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm curious about the bread (bun?) too...

Leng said...

Hi Tina!

It's so cute how your fiance gives you clues about the honeymoon. I wouldn't be able to wait that long. lol. If I know there's a surprise waiting for me, I'll spend countless hours trying to figure it out. Almost every surprise that my hubby has planned for me I figured out.
Although, sometimes I wish I wasn't so good at figuring out my surprises because sometimes it good just to be surprised. Am I making any sense. haha.

Anyway cool blog, will be back again. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kath,

It's Ezekiel 4:9 bread-- I used the end piece, so it kind of looks like a bun. PB & J on Ezekiel is wonderful! :)

gc said...

it's easy to forget just HOW much work goes into a wedding! do you have a planner?

the pb n j looks yum yum!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

oooh, those tuxes sound quite stunning!! all the wedding planning is so exciting!! :0D

ahh, I LOVE Ezekiel breads - especially for nut-butter sandwiches! :0)