Monday, March 24, 2008

Various Pieces of Lunch

Lunch today was a little of this and a little of that... but it ended up being a nutritious, filling, and delicious meal. The first part of my lunch was a plate of veggies with a scoop of hummus and a piece of grilled tofu from the School's cafe.


From above... lots of raw veggies: broccoli, red peppers, cucumber, cauliflower, and jalapeƱos.


Part 2 of my lunch was a piece of whole grain toast with peanut butter and green grapes.


Part 3 was red grapes and Tazo Refresh (peppermint) tea. It was actually pretty nice to be able to relax and extend my lunch over the course of an hour. I didn't feel rushed at all, and I really enjoyed my food this afternoon.

2 Comments:

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

Looks like a delicious lunch, Tina. The tofu reminded me--I've been meaning to try my hand at preparing a tofu-based dish, but I remember my mom cooking tofu stir-fry when I was a kid and I hated it. Was it the texture? Bland taste? Not sure. But I'd like to try it again if I could get some good prep/cooking tips. Any advice?

Jill said...

Hehe, that first serving of grapes made my jaw drop... I can never eat so few! I have a tendency to indulge on grapes... they are so yummy!