Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Apricots and Peanut Butter

Dried apricots and peanut butter have made repeat appearances today-- apricots for breakfast and as an afternoon snack, peanut butter for lunch and also as an afternoon snack. There are definitely some foods that I never get sick of (e.g. dates, bulgar, mint tea, CAKE)!

Lunch today was leftover Asian-inspired soup from last night, baby carrots, and a whole wheat wrap with peanut butter, cut into snack-size triangles to make enjoying it last longer.

So fresh, so orange...


I used a Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran, and Whole Wheat Tortilla to make my peanut butter wrap.


My afternoon snack was more dried apricots and more peanut butter, but this time on 2 pieces of whole grain fruit crunch crispbread.


Afternoon snack with peppermint tea...


Lots to do this afternoon at work! I am out of the office for a training all day tomorrow, so I've got to whittle-down my "To Do" list before I head home. See you tonight!

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I posted this on Kath's site, but I thought I'd ask your opinion, too ... because I love your site, too! :o)

I work in an office where the candy bowl is overflowing all the time. I try to aviod it by bringing myself healthy snacks, but I don’t always do so well. Well …

My boss just came into our office, handed me a $20 dollar bill and said that she is “challenging” me to find healthy snacks for the office Monday since I “am the one who doesn’t like candy.”

What should I bring? I’d like to bring something that isn’t pershiable (preferable not fruits and veggies) but something that could replace the contents of a candy bowl. I thought of homemade trail mix or nuts or crackers …

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Carrie

Anonymous said...

I love your PB combinations!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

apricots & peanut butter - yum! reminds me of the peanut-butter sandwiches that I used to eat when I was younger, with apricot jam :0)

yikes, sounds like tomorrow will be super-busy for you - hope you're able to have a relaxing evening tonight!

Anonymous said...

I like this a lot - although I'd have to substitute almond butter, because I like breathing :) Dried apricots make a great snack, and since they match so well with nuts it's easy to dress them up a bit. For a "fancy" finger food, I sometimes stuff them with a little bit of almond paste (or, rarely, marzipan) and a single whole almond.