Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Cranberry Rise and Shine Cookies

After eating a Girl Scout cookie with my morning coffee today, I had a major craving for "breakfast cookies"... well, just cookies that I could eat with my coffee, and of course, they should be tasty, but healthy cookies. I used to make a recipe for Rise and Shine Cookies all the time. Tonight, I followed the recipe, but mixed in my own addition: dried cranberries.


Up close shot of my Cranberry Rise and Shine Cookies... check out those oats!


I've already eaten three of these cookies-- they are delicious!!! I can't wait to have some with my coffee tomorrow morning! :)



Dinner tonight was a quesadilla with black beans, corn, sauteed mushrooms, scallions, and mozzarella cheese. We had a few random veggies in our fridge, so I decided to throw them into the mix.


Quesadilla from above...


At the end of the work day, I succumbed to the office candy bowl and grabbed a handful of M&Ms. Sometimes chocolate is the only thing that makes me feel better after a stressful day... could be worse, right?


I'm catching up on some work tonight then going to bed early. I think I am still recovering from my busy, fun-filled weekend. Night, all!

7 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oh my goodness, those rise-and-shine cookies look marvelous!! as does your quesadilla (I bet Em from Gliding Calm will like the quesadilla! haha).

Have a great night!!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love food that comes together from what you have in the fridge?? That quesadilla looks delish!

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

After you posted the link, I resolved to make the Rise & Shine Cookies tonight and they just came out of the oven! I added walnuts (love nuts in my cookies!) and raisins to mine. Mmm. And I substituted olive oil for the vegetable oil. Came out great! Thanks, Tina. :-)

Anonymous said...

Good luck recovering & relaxing!

Anonymous said...

Regarding the office candy consumption today... you're REAL... and I love it. :-)

Anonymous said...

Those cookies look great! I love it that you can grab them and go in the morning.

Melanie said...

Yum! Cookies for breakfast? Gotta make those :)