Thursday, April 10, 2008

Nerd Alert

Yep, that's right--- nerd alert! The training that I mentioned yesterday is actually an all-day course on basic HTML, also known as (in nerd talk) HyperText Markup Language. I manage 4 websites as the "webmaster" of my office, so learning HTML will obviously enhance my web skills. The School has a user-friendly program that we use to design and publish websites, but basic HTML is always helpful to know. (It will also come in handy for the blog!) So, that's where I will be all day-- learning basic HTML. Sounds super dorky, but I'm actually kind of excited!

Just a quick recap of breakfast this morning-- I still need to get ready for the day!

Before my workout this morning (35 minutes elliptical and 20 minutes speed walking), I ate 2 Cranberry Rise and Shine Cookies to fuel me through my workout. Nothing excited to report-- my muscles are still a little sore, so it was an easy cardio workout today.

Breakfast was a kiwi, sliced in half, and spooned out to eat...


The "main course" of breakfast was oat bran made with hemp milk, liquid egg whites, walnuts, and a squirt of sugar-free maple syrup. I wasn't sure how the egg whites would turn out; I was afraid that the oat bran would taste "eggy," but it didn't at all. My measurements were 1/3 cup oat bran, 1/3 cup egg whites, 1/3 cup hemp milk, and 1/3 cup water. My oat bran came out great! It was very filling!



It's supposed to reach close to 70 degrees today in Boston! Warm weather calls for iced coffee!


All together... very tasty and filling breakfast! It should hold off my hunger until at least noon.


Have a wonderful day, everyone!

12 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Haha, it doesn't sound nerdy - it DOES sound exciting!! Have fun!! :0)

Mmm, kiwis!! I've never been able to perfect the act of eating them with a spoon, haha. I always end up flinging some of the green "flesh" across the room!

Have a great Thursday!

Anonymous said...

enjoy the weather, finally :) happy thursday, tina!

Anonymous said...

Tina, what brand of Oat Bran do you eat? I have never tried it and you have sparked my interest. Also, I can't find Hemp Milk anywhere, could you suggest something else to take its place? Thanks!

Unknown said...

Doesn't sound nerdy to me. I would be so excited to go to a class like that. All the ones I find are online though, which doesnt work for my attention skills. haha.

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

These Rise-and-Shine Cookies are awesome! I made them a bit over-sized so that just one would serve my breakfast needs along with a smoothie. And the olive oil I subsituted gave them a deep, rich taste. Thanks again, Tina. :-)

Anonymous said...

I don't think that's nerdy ;-) I spent most of my youth learning HTML and making websites, it's somuch fun!!

Send over some of that 70 degree weather! I've got snow!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm having the hardest time trying to find how you make your mistos! Could you please tell me? I don't have an espresso machine, so I would LOVE to know how to make one at home :) I'm trying to ward off splenda! Do you use like Vanilla Soy/Rice/Hemp Milk or Chocolate??

Thanks much!!

chandra said...

If learning HTML is nerdy I must be a super nerd as a software programmer! :)

I am, really... I'm a huge nerd.

Anonymous said...

Carrie,

I use Old Wessex o Ltd. Oat Bran. Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/Old-Wessex-Ltd-18-5-Ounce-Canisters/dp/B000LKXHUY

Holly,

My mistos are pretty much 1/2 coffee, 1/2 soy milk (or rice, hemp, etc.) We don't have an espresso machine, so I am not able to steam the milk. I just mix together coffee and milk and call it a misto.

Anonymous said...

Yup, agree here with the others - learning HTML is quite basic actually and does not qualify for nerd alert. Sorry but that's a fact.

Anonymous said...

wow, never thought about eating kiwi's w/ a spoon, then again I love the skin haha...

enjoy the nice spring weather!

i like the blue background :)

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

love the blue background!!! so... springy! i can't wait to get out of work/the dance studio so i can go for a walk or something!