Thursday, April 10, 2008

Good Weather, Bad Eating

The weather today was BEAUTIFUL! It was sunny, warm, a little breezy... an absolutely gorgeous day! I'm so excited for spring!!!


Mal and I took advantage of the nice weather by opening a bottle of white, enjoying an "appetizer" on our balcony, and chatting until the sun set.



Our appetizer was a plate of "nachos" made with tortilla chips, mozzarella cheese, and salsa. We were both starving and wanted a minimal-effort snack, so simple "nachos" were our best option. From start to finish, they took about 2 minutes to prepare.


After our nachos and wine, Mal and I both poured ourselves another glass of wine and shared a quesadilla made with black beans, corn, mushrooms, and cheese. My piece was about 1/3 of the whole quesadilla; Mal ate the other 2/3 of it. 


I had some errands to run in Harvard Square on our break from the HTML training, so my lunch ended up being "on the go." Lunch consisted of 2 pieces of fresh fruit (a banana and an apple), 3 Cranberry Rise and Shine Cookies, and a grande Starbucks Light Caramel Frappuccino. I haven't had a Frappuccino in at least a couple of years, but I was really in the mood for something cold and sweet-- my craving was additionally enhanced by the beautiful weather today! This cool, caramel treat hit the spot!!! 


The first part of my lunch was fruit and Rise and Shine cookies.


The Office is back on TV tonight! At 9:00, I am planting my butt on the couch to watch the boob-tube! 



8 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Wow, what a picturesque location/atmosphere for your meal - looks fabulous!!

Hooray for beautiful spring weather, and the return of 'The Office' - thank goodness the writer's strike is over!!! :0)

Anonymous said...

SO ROMANTIC!! Wish I was there to enjoy the balcony, wine and weather with you guys! Glad you're getting a taste of spring :)

Anonymous said...

Yum!! Everything looks amazing. =)

And I'm so happy the Office is back on!! Finally some TV.

Anonymous said...

Aww I love your balcony :)

I love the Office but won't be able to see it b/c of class :(

Anonymous said...

I'm SO jealous of your 'outdoor eating' weather!

and I'm SO SO SO excited I'm moving to Boston!! Hahaha it still hasn't fully set in yet =)

BTW, the new Honey Frappuccino is really good!

arielle said...

You're so lucky to have a balcony! I'm jealous.

Also, I didn't know the office was coming back and I totally missed it. It's my favorite show!

Anonymous said...

Okay Tina, I promise will not bug you again about your oat bran, but I got some last night and was super excited about having some this morning. But of course I over slept and didn't have enough time to fix it and still had to take kids to school. I still can't find Hempmilk, so I will just use my Vanilla Soy milk. Can you tell me the exact measurements that you use to make yours. Thanks again!!

Unknown said...

Hi Carrie,

The measurements I use are:

1/3 dry oat bran
2/3 liquid (either all water or 1/3 hemp/soy milk and 1/3 water)