Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Banana Bulgar with Raisins

Good morning! The beautiful weather in Boston today is putting me in a great mood! And to add to my happiness, I have a D&D iced coffee date with a friend this afternoon, and Mal and I and 2 of our friends are going to the Red Sox game tonight! It's our first game of the season-- I'm super excited!

Breakfast today was banana bulgar with raisins, which turned out all sweet and mushy!


How to make: In a large, microwavable bowl, add 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup water, and 1/4 cup of raisins to 1/4 cup dry bulgar. Slice banana into chunks and add to bowl. Gently stir all ingredients. Microwave for approximately 5 minutes. Enjoy!

Mmmmmm... bulgar, banana, and raisins...


I'm loving our new bowls! They are much more "sleek" than our old bowls, which were kind of bulky and awkward. Plus the style of the new bowls will work with pretty much any kitchen decor (if we ever buy a condo/house).


Non-Workout

I skipped the gym again this morning. My sleep schedule has been out-of-whack since my west coast vacation. (3 hours time difference + Las Vegas= exhaustion & wacky sleeping). After tennis and dinner last night, I was wide awake! I wasn't tired at all around my usual bedtime. Around 10:00, I climbed in bed and tried to relax. I read a magazine for almost an hour before feeling a little sleepy. I finally fell asleep around 11:45, so waking up at 5:30 for a morning workout was out of the question. I feel like such a slug skipping so many workouts, but my body is exhausted-- it was abused in LA and Vegas! This week is all about healthy living and giving my body some much-needed TLC!

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to here there's good weather in Boston - a couple weeks ago you guys had me worried! I'm so excited to go out there in July!

Well if you're gonna be a slug, you're gonna be a healthy slug! I'm sure your body's thanking you for a little extra recovery time from your weekend of madness :)

Have fun at the Sox game!!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Great weather and a great bulgar breakfast definitely guarantee a happy day :0)

Always better to catch up on much-needed sleep, rather than to hurt yourself at the gym - kudos again, for listening to your body's needs.

Have a FABULOUS time at the Red Sox game tonight!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the instructions on how to cook it! im always intimidated, so it's nice to know it can be something so easily microwaved!

Anonymous said...

great weather ALWAYS puts me in a good mood...its been 75 consistently in Dallas! What is TLC stand for?

Anonymous said...

creatingadiva,

TLC is "tender loving care," which my body needs a lot of this week!

Anonymous said...

good thinking, and bulgur looks awesome! I like your new bowls, too :) I'm so excited to see and hear about all of your fun kitchen presents you receive!!

Anonymous said...

you sure look like you enjoyed yourself on your vacation!!
i sure hope i have great friends who will come have a crazy time in Las vegas for my bridal shower :)


i love how you dont beat yourself over the fun food and drink you had on your vacation!! it is so refreshing to see and you are a great role model for a 20 year old!!
:)