Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Shrimp with Roasted Red Peppers and Feta

Ugh, Blogger is driving me nuts! I was finally able to upload photos from tonight's dinner, but it took forever, and I had to upload one at a time. Blah. Anyway...

Dinner tonight was so yummy! On my travels to the west coast, I picked up the latest issue of Real Simple magazine. Inside was a recipe for Shrimp with Roasted Peppers and Feta, which took about 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook. Delicious... and real simple! :)


Dinner was served with a toasted baguette with garlic and swiss cheese. I dipped the baguette in the leftover "sauce" in my bowl. Yum!


Up close in the casserole dish... after about 20 minutes in the oven, the feta began to brown. Mmmmm...


Right out of the oven...


A Lesson from Pink

In the May issue of Allure magazine was an article about Pink, the rock-infused pop star. In her interview, she revealed some of her secrets of staying strong. I especially loved her Lesson #10:

"Food is a blessing. Even if you're eating a hot-fudge sundae, you have to feel good about it, otherwise you're swallowing guilt. I also believe that you have to think for yourself, My body is an amazing, fat-burning machine; my body is healthy. Your mental approach can affect how you look and feel."

In my opinion, Pink is right on! Food is a blessing, and should be throughly enjoyed! How you think and feel about food is just as important as what you chose to eat. I love Pink's food philosophy-- it's a lot like mine!

Early bedtime again tonight-- still catching up on Zzzzzz! Good night!

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this philosophy!
Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

yea great quote! Way to go pink and tina!
P.S. If it makes you feel better, it took about 20 mins to get my dinner pictures uploaded too...no bueno :(

Jill said...

Ugh, I've been waiting for some time for blogger to allow me to upload pictures *crosses fingers* That looks delicious! I love the food quote, is Pink the same magazine as Pinc?

Anonymous said...

spot on, pinK!! :) shrimp loooks yum!

Anonymous said...

what a great philosophy... its important to realize how amazing our bodies are aka fat burning machine ~ love that!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hooray for food photographs! I too love using baguette slices to "sop up" extra tomatoes/sauce :0)

DEFINITELY a great philosophy - way to go, Pink! :0)