Thursday, April 3, 2008

Busy Afternoon Ahead

Lots to do this afternoon-- iced coffee date with a friend, finish preparing data for a 2:00 meeting, vendor presentation immediately after at 3:00, pick up recently hemmed pants at Banana, replace watch battery (stupid thing died!), meet Mal and friends for dinner. So much to do, so little time.

I broke into my lunch around 11:30 today. (I'm a bottomless pit today!) First course was diced tomatoes mixed with red onion, feta, salt, and pepper.


I am so happy that the produce at grocery store is finally getting fresher... this tomato was delicious! I also can't wait to go to the farmer's markets once it gets warm! There is one right down the street from my office.


Around noon, the second and third courses came out. Second course was a ham and mustard sandwich on Ezekiel bread, and the third course was 2 Lindt chocolate truffles, which I am about to enjoy... a whole lot. I have the never-ending stash of Easter candy, don't I?


With my crazy afternoon ahead, I figured that I wouldn't have time to post my afternoon snack, which is a Ryvita Fruit Crunch crispbread and 6 dates as well as an iced coffee from Dunkin' Donuts (at least that is the plan). Hope everyone has a lovely afternoon!

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even like onions but your combo w/ tomato & feta looks so good I might have to try it hehe... Enjoy sports bra/placemat shopping!

Anonymous said...

I just moved to NY from Boston and wanted to tell you that Silvertones is AMAZING! The raspberry martini there is literally the best drink I've ever had. It tastes like raspberry juice and they put a sugar rim on the glass. Also their mac and cheese is incredible!! It is definitely not a place to count calories!!

Anonymous said...

Tina, I picked up a box of the Yogi Peppermint tea from Whole Foods. How do you drink yours? I know some people put a little sweetner or cream in theirs.

Love the tomato, onion and feta salad. I always include cucumber and some balsamic vinegar. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Anon,

Thanks for the martini and mac and cheese recommendations! Can't wait to try out Silvertones!

Carrie,

I drink my tea with a 1/2 packet of Splenda/Stevia...sometimes with a splash of milk, but usually just plain.

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

2 questions...

1. how many calories does the average date have? can't figure it out... my calcs show 1 date around 42 calories, but that seems so high for one date?

2. do you think you should change your name to carrots,cake n DATES! hahaha! seems like you love them as much as i do!

run-roam-recycle said...

So there ARE farmers markets in Boston!! SWEET! Are there any near Northeastern? Haha.. how lame is it that I'm counting down the days till our farmers market opens!

As a fellow Yogi drinker - what's your favorite kind? I'm working my way through a box of tahetian hazelnut something or other.. and its SOOO GOOD!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tina! Just wanted to thank you for checking out my blog and saying that I read yours all the time and love it! You're doing a great job (I really love the Fun Food Fact! that you keep up). I'm so jealous that Beyonce is coming to Boston!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

busy afternoons are always fun! lots to do :0)

just so you know, I AM still a dedicated reader of your blog - I just haven't had time to comment on all the blogs that I read, as I would like. forgive me!

Anonymous said...

run-roam-recycle,

My favorite kind of Yogi tea is the Peppermint flavor... but I also haven't tried any of the others. Do you have a flavor that you like a lot?

Anonymous said...

Irbas,

According to calorie-count.com and fitday.com, 1 pitted date has about 23 calories. My typical serving in the morning for breakfast is about 5-6 dates, and I usually count the total around 120.

Love the name "Carrots, Cake, and Dates!" I'm so addicted to dates! :)

The Peanut Butter Boy said...

Everything was looking nice and simple, like a great healthy lunch on-the-go. Then I see tow bright red eggs that kinda threw it all off! Although Lindt is my everyday staple for chocolate. They're a great backup source when I don't have some exotic or super-expensive bar I'm in the middle of. Looks like a perfectly balanced meal to me! Nice blog Tina!

- The Peanut Butter Boy