Thursday, April 17, 2008

Greetings from Los Angeles!

Hello from sunny California! I arrived safely yesterday afternoon around 1:00 (west coast time). After picking me up from the airport, my friend Katie and I enjoyed a leisurely late lunch at a restaurant right on the ocean, and then spent the rest of the afternoon shopping in Santa Monica. Not a bad way to start a vacation! 

Last night, Katie and I met a couple of our old college friends for dinner and drinks and Tranquility in downtown LA. The menu featured small plates of food, which the four of us shared. We ordered the sweet soy marinated beef satay, curried chicken satay, vegetable tempura, calamari, and a chicken quesadilla. We also ordered a couple glasses each of California pinot noir. It was wonderful to catch up and reminisce with old friends last night-- there was definitely a lot more talking than eating and drinking! We were at Tranquility for almost 4 hours! 

Here's a photo of the outdoor seating area where we sat last night. We relaxed on a comfy couch right near the fire pit... and thank God for heat lamps! It started to get chilly in the late evening.


I have a couple of hours to kill before my friend Carole picks me up for brunch. She already mentioned ordering Bloody Marys! Only on vacation, right? :) I'm not sure what is on the agenda for today... perhaps visiting Hollywood or a trip to Orange County? Hopefully, I'll have time to post again this trip!

P.S. No celebrity sightings yet! I'm still on a mission! 

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful there!! Can't wait to hear what celebrities you spot. =D

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

So glad to read that you arrived in L.A., safe and sound!! Looks like your trip is DEFINITELY off to a fabulous start :0)

You'll see a celebrity when you least expect to ;0)

Anne P said...

sounds so fabulous!!! i am very jealous :) have fun!

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

Sounds like your vacation is off to a great start. Soak up some sun and have an Ice Blended from Coffee Bean for me! I miss those...

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty restaurant! By the way, I have to say that I LOVE your new header picture- that carrot cake looks soooooo good.
Good luck with your celeb sightings :)

One Food Guy said...

Have fun Tina! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Tina! Jealous.

Anonymous said...

I agree that ice blended drinks from the coffee bean are really good. I would recommend the ice blended mocha and you can get it 'light' even a large has less than 200 calories! I'm actually from Boston but have lived in LA the past two years. I still go to Boston a lot and have been to Wagamama and Brown Sugar.

healthy ashley said...

So, I'm trying to be patient in waiting for more pictures....!

Anonymous said...

Wow - what an awesome trip!!!! Hope you enjoy your rest ;)

Jill said...

Love to beer-sets, love the cupcakes, love the PARTY! Sounds like the best time ever!