Tuesday, April 22, 2008

April 22: Earth Day

Happy Earth Day, all! Here are a few links to Earth Day happenings and ways to take action:


I decided to skip my morning workout today-- sleeping definitely seemed like the better option. We're supposed to have gorgeous weather this afternoon, so I'll probably go for a run or play some tennis with Mal tonight. Yay, warm weather is finally here!

Breakfast this morning was oatmeal with dates and walnuts. Boy, did I miss my morning breakfast! So delicious!

Check out our new bowls from Crate and Barrel! My grandparents purchased these off our registry. :)


Gooey goodness in a new bowl...


From above...


Coffee with soy milk... I also have a big old orange for a mid-morning snack. It's only 10:00, but I already want to eat it!


Back to work! My work email inbox greeted me with 222 messages this morning, so lots and lots to do today!

7 Comments:

Monica said...

Thanks for the links. I've been wanting to get involved in something and these are great resources! Have a nice day back at work!

Simple and Divine said...

Y.U.M! Your breakfast looks SO pretty in your new bowl =) And I LOVE tennis!! I played last Friday night with my brother and it was SO gorgeous out! Tennis is So much fun and a GREAT workout even if you're just hitting! Have fun playing with Mal and Happy Earth Day! :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Fabulous links/resources - happy Earth Day! :0)

Oooh, those Crate & Barrel bowls are lovely! Your grandparents made a fine choice with what to purchase from your wedding registry list! And the delicious contents within the bowl look fabulous as well - yum!

Yikes, 222 emails?!?! Good luck with reading all of them, haha!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I saw your comments on my blog - is there an email address I could send the muffin recipe to?? If so, leave another comment on my blog (so I don't miss it, haha).

Anonymous said...

YIKES! 222 emails...I would have a heart attack! good luck attacking all those today :) your vacation pics look like you had a blast!

Anonymous said...

Happy Earth Day!!

Those bowls are so cute!!

And to reply to your question: Magic Bullets are AMAZING. They're easy to clean and perfect for small things like smoothies or a quick batch of hummus. I use it almost every day. =) I hope you get it!

Kootz said...

the dining halls at my school got rid of all the trays for earth day to cut back on food consumption... which doesn't really make sense because they didn't decrease the amount of food they prepared... silly huh?