Monday, April 28, 2008

Listen to the Music

Wow, today's lunch hit the spot! It was nothing special... a basic sandwich, carrots, hummus, and a couple of treats. Honestly, I wasn't really "looking forward" to lunch at all. Once I starting eating, however, I realized my lunch was exactly what I was craving! Every bite was enjoyable and satisfying! I love it when that happens! :)

Ham and cheese sandwich with French moutard on Ezekiel bread...


Baby carrots with roasted red pepper hummus...


An almond cookie with apricot preserves from my coworker's stash of wedding shower goodies...


A well-rounded lunch...


A second treat: Two chocolate-almond-wheat germ-dipped-apricots...


Music to Move to!

A number of readers shared their workout music and running mixes with me. I thought others would appreciate some song ideas to update their playlists. Enjoy!

  • Hey Ya - Outkast
  • We Will Rock You - Queen
  • My Hero - Foo Fighters
  • Take on Me - Aha!
  • California Love - Dr Dre & Tupac
  • Running Down a Dream - Tom Petty
  • Pump It - Black Eyed Peas
  • Wind it Up - Gwen Stefani
  • Proud Mary - Ike & Tina Turner
  • Temperature - Sean Paul
  • U + Ur Hand - Pink
  • Barracuda - Heart
  • Beautiful Love- The Afters
  • Earthquakes and Sharks -Brandston
  • Never Never - Brick & Lace
  • Another White Dash - Butterfly Boucher
  • Breathless - The Corrs
  • My Best Mistake (No More Chances) - Count the Stars
  • Heaven- DJ Sammy and Yanou
  • Have a Great Day - Fools and Horses
  • New Shoes - Paolo Nutini
  • Young Folks - Peter Bjorn and John
  • Every You Every Me - Placebo
  • Brand New Colony - The Postal Service
  • Chocolate - Snow Patrol
  • All I Want - Toad the Wet Sprocket
  • You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
  • Call on me - Eric Prydz
  • Here in Your Arms - HelloGoodbye
  • Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy - Big & Rich
  • Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield
  • Beds are Burning - Novaspace
  • Only If I - Kate Ryan
  • Where are We Running - Lenny Kravitz
  • Land of the Living - Milk Inc.
  • What are you Waiting For - Gwen Stefani
  • All Things Just Keep Getting Better - Widelife
  • Push Up - Freestylers
  • Work It - Nelly & JT
  • Hold Your Horses - Type E
  • Back to Back - Bomfunk MC's
  • Dancing with Myself - The Donnas
  • Voodoo Child - Rogue Traders
  • Slave to the Music - Nick Skitz
  • In Your Life - La Bouche
  • Whenever, Wherever - Shakeria

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

your apricots looks amazing! I have a new found love for wheat germ, what a good idea to mix it with almonds and chocolate :) Mmmm, and your thumb-print cookie looks like a really yummy treat to end lunch, have an awesome monday!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
question about your Rotel dip...do you think you could use fat-free cream cheese without sacrificing too much taste? thanks!

Anonymous said...

Julia,

The chillies in the Rotel add quite a bit of flavor, so I think the fat-free version wouldn't hurt the dip's taste at all. Let me know if you try it with fat-free cream cheese! I've been wanting to try it with plain yogurt too.

Anonymous said...

ooh, that does look like a yummy lunch!

thanks for the music ideas! here's some of my faves from my ipod:

"Pure", "Watch me shine", "One girl revolution" - Superchick
"Breakthrough", "I Want everything" - Hope 7
"Move Along", "Dirty Little Secret" - all-american rejects
"I just want to live" - Good Charlotte
"The middle" - Jimmy eat world
"How far we've come" - Matchbox 20

i love your blog! :)