Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mango Raisin Oatmeal

Quick post today-- need to finish up a few things at work before I leave for v-a-c-a-t-i-o-n!

I had a great workout at the gym this morning-- lifted my legs, back, and triceps... then did 30 minutes on the elliptical. I'm already getting sore from yesterday's workout, so I plan to do some light stretching this evening-- everything is so tight! I don't typically lift 2 days in a row, but I probably won't have a chance to squeeze in much exercise (besides walking) until next Monday night/Tuesday morning. I wanted to make sure that I did some strength training before my vacation... plus I want my muscles looking gooooood, especially if I am hanging out in a bikini at the rooftop pool deck at the Venetian! :)

This morning's breakfast was a combination of oat bran, chunked mango, raisins, and almonds. The combo tasted wonderful, but the very ripe mango made it a big bowl of mush.


Up close...



Lunch today is a slice of Sunday night's Hawaiian pizza and an orange.


All together... pizza and an orange.

I saved a few calories at lunch because I have a coffee and donut date with a friend this afternoon. (Dunkin' Donuts is giving away a free donut with the purchase of a hot cup of coffee.) I realize donuts are not at all, in any way, nutritious, but the yumminess of a donut make me happy... and I am on vacation in a few hours! Time for a splurge! :)

10 Comments:

Beth said...

Ooh, please get a chocolate glazed cake donut - the kind that are all chocolate with that white glaze on top. mmmmmm! Why are there no Dunkin Donuts in SF??!?!?!

Anonymous said...

I'm not even remotely on vacation (actually studying for exams) so I am living vicariously through your lunch :) that pizza looks really good!

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

Donuts and coffee? What a treat! Enjoy some for me as well, please. :-)

I know we share a love for coffee with cookies, so I thought I'd share a link to some yummy new gluten-free cookies I just purchased: http://www.glutenfree.com/Glutino-Dreams-Chocolate/Item107002

They're great with a latte or misto. :-)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I never thought about putting mango (one of my favorite fruits that I've been eating EVERYDAY, for the past few weeks, haha) in oatmeal!! Looks MARVELOUS!!

Ahh, how exciting that your vacation is coming up!! Get ready to have fun!! :0D

healthy ashley said...

Get the Boston Creme!

Have fun on your vacation! And we want lots of pictures!

Monica said...

Have fun in Cali and Vegas!

Anonymous said...

Beth,

I got the chocolate glazed cake donut! I was so yummy!

Kristen,

Thanks for the cookie recommendation! I love ALL cookies! I might have to order these.

Ashley,

I'm definitely taking lots of photos-- food and non-food. I have a potential trip planned to Pinkberry in LA!(Is it sad that I am so excited about it?) I'm sure the non-food photos will be ridiculous... especially of 6 crazy girls in Vegas! :)

All,

Thanks for the happy vacation wishes! :)

Anonymous said...

Yum!! I looove oatbran cereal. It must taste fantastic with mango. =)

Anonymous said...

We stayed at the Venetian!...Nice ! Have a great vacation.

Jill said...

Will you pack me in your suitcase? I'm small and light! And I'll be really quiet, I'll sleep on the floor too! (Or in the hot tub!)