Thursday, April 24, 2008

New Obsession: Peanut Butter Yogurt

The day is flying by! (I guess that's what happens when you have a crapload of work to do!)

Today's lunch was a Mal-made ham and swiss sandwich on a garlic baguette with a spicy mustard-mayo spread. Mal is one serious sandwich maker! This sandwich was perfect in every way possible! It had the right amount of meat and cheese, the mustard-mayo combo was divine, and the garlic bread gave the sandwich a complex flavor. I wish Mal had school vacation more often so he could make me lunch all of the time!


With my sandwich, I enjoyed some orange foods: baby carrots and dried apricots.



My afternoon snack is my newest obsession. I mixed Stonyfield vanilla yogurt with 1.5 tbsp of peanut butter. The peanut butter blended really well once I stirred it around for a little bit. The mixture is so yummy! I also want to try this with almond butter... and maybe even a little Nutella as a dessert. So many possibilities!


With mint tea...


Summer Road Races

I just signed up for two 4.2 mile road races! They are part of a summer running series here in Boston: Let's Run, Have Some Fun, and Be Fit. Following the completion of each race is a BBQ, music, and Harpoon beer. A race, food, music, and beer-- what more fun could you ask for? My sister and some of our friends also run the races, so it should be a great time for all. Anyone else have road races on their summer agendas?

17 Comments:

Beth said...

I'm curious - is Mal short for something? Malcolm perhaps? I have been meaning to ask that for a while, as I've never known anyone named Mal! It's really interesting!

Anonymous said...

Mal is short for Mallory. People often think his name is short for Malcolm. He's also gotten Malbert, Malden, and usually people think his name is Matt. He's unique like his name that's for sure! :)

Erin said...

What a good idea about the PB - I will have to try that!

Beth said...

lol @ Malbert, haha!

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

you and Kath both went for the orange foods today haha!

peanut butter yogurt sounds delicious... but nutella yogurt sounds even better! I'm gonna try it tomorrow yummmm

healthy ashley said...

The races sound like fun!

If you REALLY want to enjoy some PB mix.. stir it around with vanilla ice cream. Yeah. It's good!

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. I haven't experimented with yogurt mix-ins too much, but that's a good idea!

So cool about the races! 4.2 though.. random? or is that like a kilometer distance? I'm looking for a Boston race to get on my calendar so I'll have something to look forward to when I'm out there. (not that Boston isn't enough itself!) Any suggestions? Unless there's one on July 15th.. I get out there a day before orientation starts, and that would be SO fun!

(for some reason it won't let me post with openID?)

Anonymous said...

Erika,

I agree, 4.2 is totally random. It's a run around the Charles River, so I assume it just worked out like that as a weird start and finish distance.

As for road races in Boston, there are a ton! What distance are you looking to run? Two of my fall favorites are the Komen Race for the Cure (5k) and the Tufts 10k, which is on Columbus Day weekend. There are also a couple of great 1/2 marathons in and near Boston.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

How fun that Mal is a great sandwich-maker - you're lucky!! :0)

Haha, you and Kath are embracing all foods that are orange today ;0)

Oooh, those races sound like they'll be fun!!

Anonymous said...

nutella in yogurt sounds realllly good... I sometimes put pb in my yogurt too! So good :)

Those road races sound fantastic- beer and bbq after running?! More like a party!

Alex said...

PB yogurt sounds AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

I'm probably thinking a half.. I don't do 5Ks much anymore - I've done enough of those to last a life time!

And as for summer races on my calendar, all I have right now is Med City marathon on may 25th, and Grandma's marathon on June 21st. There's a new "Downtown Half" but it's right in between the two marathons.. and that probly wouldn't be a good idea =]

(UGH! It keeps saying "Incorrect OpenID url, but it's letting me post on other people who are on Blogger!?)

Anonymous said...

PB and yogurt?! That sounds so heavenly--oh my goodness. I've been stuck for quick snack ideas for the longest time, but now I'm unstuck!

And wow, 4.2 miles? I can't even handle 1 mile...X_x Walking--no problem, but running? :p
Have fun with that! :D

Becca said...

Almond butter and plain yogurt rocks too! I've never tried it with pb however, hmmm.

Cassie said...

Hi Tina-

I always mix my fage with peanut butter and nutella as a dessert- It is delicious! I highly recommend it!

That sandwich looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

PB yogurt - fabulous! I have to try this & add chocolate chips ;)

GurlOnA"Diet" said...

nutella with fage is the best thing ever... yum! =D