Sunday, April 13, 2008

Special Deliveries

Today was all about special deliveries!!!

Mal and I received a notice in our mailbox that a package for us were waiting to be picked up in our apartment's mailroom. We were delighted to see not one, but two boxes from Crate & Barrel! Yay, wedding registries!


Here's Mal opening the "big" box... he's such a kid sometimes! :)


In the big box was a new coffeemaker from my good friend, Carole, who I will be able to thank in person on Thursday in California! :) Our current coffeemaker is so old and grungy-- Mal actually owned in it college, so it was definitely time for an upgrade. The new Cuisinart coffeemaker is so fancy compared to our old one!


We also received a gift from a fellow blogger who you all know and love. Kath and her husband, Matt sent us a Five-Piece Server from our registry. It was so thoughtful of them! I'm so excited to use this piece! It'll be perfect for dips, little appetizers, and other snacks. I can't wait for the next time we entertain!

From the blogosphere, thank you, Kath and Matt! You guys are the best! :)


For dinner tonight, Mal was craving fast food; I was craving homemade pizza... and neither of us wanted to cook. We ended up meeting in the middle and ordering a Hawaiian pizza from a local restaurant.


With our pizza, we shared a plate of baby carrots with ranch dressing.


I ate 2 pieces of pizza. It wasn't the best pizza that I have ever eaten... it was too greasy for me, but I really liked the flavor of the sauce and the toppings.


We ate dinner while watching the Master's (golf) on TV. Here are our plates from above... Mal ended up going back for a third piece of pizza.


My sister got me hooked on these Hermit cookies from Newman's Own Organics. They are so moist and delicious, especially if you like raisins and molasses. They are a new cookie favorite for me!


The Red Sox-Yankee game is on at 8:00. Go SOX! Good night, everyone!

14 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ahh, what exciting, fabulous wedding
gifts!!! I LOVE C&B!

Oooh, those Hermit cookies look delicious!!

I used to reside in Boston, so of COURSE I'll chime in with you and shout, "GO SOX!!" :0D

Anonymous said...

I love all of your pictures from tonight! I love how we can read them through and it's like a little story...the suspense and excitement of opening packages, the delish pizza..haha! Very cool! Sounds like you had a fun weekend! Have a great Monday Tina!

Anonymous said...

How exciting to receive gifts from your registry!

Enjoy the game... unfortunately, my Phils lost today :(

Anonymous said...

Pretty!! We have a server and I use the bowl pieces from it all the time (my little square ones that I always put yogurt in). Multitasking!

I should investigate those Hermits....

And I LOVE Hawaiian pizza!!

Beth said...

What will bring you to CA?

Becca said...

Mmm, I've never noticed those cookies before, but I need to look for them!
Anyway, as an "alternative genre" requirement to go along with a research paper, I started a food blog as well. I added your blog to my list of links, just wanted to make sure it was allright! I really enjoy your blog!

Unknown said...

Aww your gifts look so aweosme. Aww.I am doing crate & barrell for my registry for sure!

Anonymous said...

Those are some great gifts - and those cookies look absolutely delicious! I love molasses so I will definitely be giving them a try soon!

I've been a silent reader of your blog for a while and I love it! Would you mind if I add you to my blogroll?

Anonymous said...

You're going to California?? The trips never end!! I hope you have a GREAT time!

And speaking of great, that coffee maker looks better than great! Hah, when I get married.. a nice fancy coffee maker is the 1st thing on my list!

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

I love your cake!!!! It is going to be so so beautiful! And Congrats on some early wedding presents!!!

I love that you are sharing not only your meals and recipes but your LIFE with all of us.. I love seeing all the wedding details, etc...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend :)

Erica said...

Hey!

Good luck with the wedding! We just got married last August so I can totally feel for the stresses you're under right now with the invites and all that! Those Newman's Own cookies look delicious- I'm going to have to look for those next week at the grocery store!

Erica

Kristen @ frostingandfroth.com said...

What fun to receive wedding gifts! :-) Have fun in California--I was born and raised in the Bay Area. I envy you the warm weather you'll get to enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Beth,

I am visiting friends in CA! (I posted some details in today's post.) I'm so excited!

Becca and JennK,

I would love it if you added me to your blogroll! :)

Anonymous said...

I have that coffee pot- It's a good one!

I really want to try those Hermit cookies. I don't remember ever seeing them at the grocery store; I'll have to keep my eyes peeled next time.