Monday, April 14, 2008

Short Work Week Ahead

I'm in a fantastic mood this morning! I'm pretty much all caught up at work, I have lunch plans with a friend today, we're mailing our wedding invitations tomorrow, and I only have a 2 day work week because I am going on... vacation! On Wednesday, I'm off to visit 3 of my best girlfriends in California. I'm spending Wednesday and Thursday in LA and Orange Country... not too sure what we are going to do yet, but I really want to see the Hollywood Walk of Fame! On Friday, the four of us are driving to Las Vegas for the weekend (yay, roadtrip!), where we are meeting 3 more friends. We are all staying in a suite at the Venetian, which I hear is amazing! I can't wait to hang out by the pool(s)!

Our Las Vegas weekend started off as a girls' weekend away, but has turned into a pseudo-bachelorette party for me. These are my absolute favorite girlfriends-- 2 of them are actually bridesmaids in our wedding-- and they might not be able to attend my bachelorette party in Boston, so they decided to turn this weekend into a Vegas bachelorette! One of my friends even bought us tickets for Thunder Down Under! Oh boy! Needless to say, I am super psyched for this trip! I've never been to Vegas! :)

On to breakfast...

Breakfast was whole grain rice with dates, hemp milk, and sf maple syrup. I was really hungry this morning, so I decided to eat the rest of the rice, which was about 1 cup.


Big bowl of breakfast rice!



1 cup rice: 215
7 dates: 150
1/4 hemp milk: 45
1/8 cup sf maple syrup: 15
Soy milk misto: 100
Breakfast total: 525

Lunch Plans

I'm meeting a college friend for lunch today at Boloco. I don't think I have ever been to Boloco-- at least not that I can remember. Their menu looks pretty decent, and I hear that they have really good hummus! I'm definitely looking forward to lunch!

LocalHarvest

Just wanted to share a great website with all of you: http://www.localharvest.org/ LocalHarvest is an organic and local food website that "maintains a definitive and reliable 'living' public nationwide directory of small farms, farmers markets, and other local food sources." The website has a comprehensive search engine that helps people find products from family farms, local sources of sustainably grown food, and encourages them to establish direct contact with small farms in their local area. I found a ton of useful information for my local area!

18 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ahhh, what a fabulous vacation you have planned!! I stayed at the Venetian when I was in Vegas in March 2008, and it was lovely. Be sure to go to the wax museum, which is accessed RIGHT from the hotel!! :0D

Local Harvest is a great website/resource - thank you for sharing it!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome day ahead and a great weekend. You're making me nervous with your invitations going out so soon -mine are still being printed and my wedding is a week ealier! Have an awesome bachelorette party - you know that's what it is... ;) You should also try to catch a cirque de soleil show if you can (last time my fiance and I were in Vegas we saw Ka, and it was a.mazing!

Melanie said...

Oh my gosh what a fun trip! And that website is fantastic. I just discovered two farmers markets in my area! Yay!

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

go see "O" in Vegas if you guys can.. it is srsly the best Cirque du Soleil show out of all of them (and I've seen all but one of them- zumanity)!!

also, did you see how cool the boloco nutrition builder is? you just check off everthing you are going to have and it adjusts the nutrition facts automatically.. so awesome! i'm def. gonna go to the one on newbury next time im in boston!

Anonymous said...

Tina, I fixed the Oat Bran this weekend and loved it! I like it with bananas and walnuts.

Have a great time in Vegas! Last time I was there I was pregnant, but hung in there with the rest of them.

Beth said...

Have fun! While you're in LA try to get some Pinkberry - have you had it before?

Anonymous said...

Beth,

Pinkberry! I haven't had it, but I really want to try it! I am adding it to my itinerary! :) Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

wow im so jealous of your vacation! and i love your new banner! it's so pretty! I ADORE CARROT CAKE!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh i'm so jealous of your cali/vegas trip! have so much fun!

Anon said...

i looooove pinkberry! i second beth, you have to try it :) they also have a few in nyc now too yay

Jill said...

Congrats on the trip! And I love Local Harvest, thanks for spreading the word!

I agree, I didn't think I'd like pinkberry but it's grand!

Beth said...

I hope you can get it and report back on how yummy it is :) All we have in SF are Pinkberry knockoffs, which are still good but not quite the same!

Anonymous said...

I've been to the Boloco write down in Chestnut Hill. I think I ordered a veggie burrito with mango slaw. Can't totally remember, but I do remember having a fun time there with friends, have a great lunch and, wow, 2 DAY WORK WEEK, wohooo!

Anon said...

i live right down the street from the bolocco in chestnut hill ;o) i go to BC and it is a regular spot for most of us! it's reaaaally good. so is chipotle!

Anonymous said...

I'VE been to Boloco! It was one of the restaurants on campus (connected to the Marino center) and I thought it was great for "fast food"!

I really like the new banner btw - very cute!

I'm so jealous hearing all this talk of Pinkberry. But it's probably one of those things you get SO excited for, and then it's really not all that stellar. Or maybe it is ;)

And is it true you guys have Wheeler's Black Label vegan ice cream somewhere in Boston? Like is it an actual STORE or can you just buy it in grocery stores? I've only had it once.. but it was A-MAZING!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of your upcoming vacation... it sounds like it will be a total blast! I hope you enjoy it ;)

Anonymous said...

Woo! Trip to vegas sounds awesome. =)

Amy said...

That sounds like such a fun trip! :)

Thanks for the link to local harvest. My town has a farm that has Community Supported Agriculture. I'm going to get bags of fresh, organic fruits and veggies all summer long now! How fun! :)