Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Afternoon Adventure

What a beautiful day in Boston! My coworker and I just took an "afternoon adventure" to REI and Starbucks, which was about a 10-minute walk each way. It was so nice walking, talking, and enjoying the fresh air and sunshine-- it made me want to leave work for the day! Unfortunately, I have a bunch of work to do this afternoon, but now I am really looking forward to my run this evening.

Here's a shot of the Harvard Med quad... sorry that the photo looks a little fuzzy!


The two missions of our afternoon adventure: (1) buying me a new water bottle; and (2) enjoying some Starbucks. I've been using Nalgenes for years now-- somehow I completely missed the news that they could be harmful to your health. (Nalgene believes that their "products containing BPA are safe for their intended use.") My Nalgenes are also really old, and I can't seem to get the weird smell out of them no matter what I do, so it was definitely time for a new water bottle. Anyway, both adventure missions were successfully accomplished: new Sigg water bottle and a Starbucks iced coffee with soy milk.


Lunch today included some of my favorite foods: broccoli, watermelon, peanut butter, and a banana.

Steamed broccoli with a sprinkle of sea salt and juicy watermelon chunks...


... and Ezekiel bread with peanut butter and banana slices.


My plates from above...


Finally, cookies from my coworker-- 1/2 a peanut butter cookie and a bite of a chocolate chip cookie. I have no willpower when it comes to cookies! Dang, office treats!

8 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ahh, your photographs brought back memories from last year, when I resided in Boston - love it!

Watermelon, nut-butter, broccoli, and banana = 4 of my favorites as well! Yum!

Steamed broccoli Mmm, look at that cookie! :0D

Anne P said...

haha your office has the most treats of anywhere i've seen!! i have a sigg water bottle too, and i love it. enjoy!

Simple and Divine said...

That pb cookie does look incredible though. Lol, and (PS) Your picture is SO beautiful and totally captures college life in the quad!! Ahhh *sigh, Springtime :) Love it! Enjoy your run and the rest of this B-E-A-UTIFUL day!

Anonymous said...

oo your post reminds me that I need to get moving on switching out my waterbottle! Sigg eh? I'll have to look into that.

Anonymous said...

I threw out all my nalgene bottles as soon as I heard. It's been huge news here in Canada. They're moving to ban BPA.

Your Sigg bottle is gorgeous!!

Becca said...

Wow, big cookies and what a lovely looking day in Boston! It started out that way here, then rained, and is now sunny again? Aah summer!

Cassie said...

Love your new bottle!

Jill said...

That meal was so healthy you BETTER have eaten that cookie! It's good to treat yourself - makes the day go by better (so I say, due to my chocolate fix)