Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Almond Joy Oatmeal

Gotta make this quick... big meeting at 10:30 this morning!

One of my favorite flavors of ice cream flavors ever is Almond Joy, especially from Kimball Farm in Westford, MA. I loved my breakfast this morning because it reminded me of that flavor of ice cream.


Oatmeal topped with vanilla yogurt, coconut shavings, and chocolate chips... heaven!


Almond Joy oatmeal was for breakfast this morning, but it could have easily been a dessert too! Maybe next time I'll add a tad of ice cream instead of yogurt!

Here's the "recipe" for Almond Joy Oatmeal:

Combine:
1/2 cup dry oats
3/4 cup water
1/8 cup almond slices
1 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup

Nuke mixture in mircowave for 2 minutes. Top with the following:

1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
2 tbsp coconut shavings
8-10 chocolate chips

Enjoy!


Meeting time! Be back this afternoon!

12 Comments:

Maggie M. said...

Great idea! And I am definitely going to have to try the coconut topping on my oatmeal that everyone has been raving about. I only recently discovered that other people have my same oatmeal obsession :) My favorite method is whipped banana, but this looks like it could be the my new fave.

Anonymous said...

OMG, I love where oatmeal is going these days - I forsee a whole line of candy-bar inspired oatmeals. My personal fave? Butterfinger oatmeal! I seriously might have to make that!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Wow, that looks heavenly - yum!! Quite a delectable, innovative way to "jazz up" a bowl of oats, for sure :0)

Melissa said...

Hi! I just wanted to say I love your ideas for oatmeal and all your meals. I definitely share your sweet tooth and love of dates!

Thanks for blogging!

Anon said...

i LOVE kimballs icecream!! they give you the hugest serving size ever but i usually still finish it all haha

Monica said...

oh my gosh Tina, my mouth is watering from the last 3 things you have posted. The oatmeal, muffins, and date pizza look amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

hey. just wondering how much of each(oatmeal, yogart,coconut) you used for your meal. i know it's all personal preference, but i do best with an actual "recipe". Gonna try it tomorrow morning!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! how delicious do your last 3 posts look?! from your oatmeal to the muffins to the PIZZA! ahh it all looks sooooo delicious!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Katers,

Please tell me about this Butterfinger oatmeal! :)

Anon,

Here's the Almond Joy "recipe":

Combine:
1/2 cup oats
3/4 cup water
1/8 cup almond slices
1 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup

Nuke in mircowave for 2 minutes. Top with the following:

1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
2 tbsp coconut shavings
8-10 chocolate chips

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...okay, a recipe is in the works....

Anonymous said...

Butterfinger Muesli, check it out!

Unknown said...

I just tried this. Tina, you're a genius!!!! I just made it to try something different, but it really did taste like an amazing dessert! WOW!!!! Thanks for all the great ideas :)