Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hump Day: 2 Days to Go!

Yowsahs! Wednesday has flown by! My morning was filled with meetings, computer issues (thankfully, not mine), compiling and sorting data, email-writing, and researching spray tans online (feel free to give me your opinion of this one!)

Lunch today was leftover date pizza from last night-- it still tasted amazing! I was very happy!



With my pizza, I also had a bunch of grapes tomatoes and 2 pumpkin-peanut butter- chocolate muffins that I gobbled up before I even thought to take a photo! (I was also very excited about these!)


I took a long, leisurely walk on my lunch break this afternoon. With the weather so beautiful today, it was hard not to stop in Dunkin' Donuts for an iced coffee. I swear this stuff is like crack to me when the weather gets warm! I got mine with milk and Splenda today.


My afternoon snack is vanilla Stoneyfield yogurt with Kashi Go Lean Crunch and a few peanut butter and chocolate chips mixed in.


Up close shot of my snack...


Speaking of snacks, what are your favorite, easily transportable snacks? I really want to add some new ones to my repertoire. I feel like I eat the same 4 or 5 snacks (and same combinations of foods) every afternoon. Here's a list of my current favorites:

  • Fage with honey, Kashi, peanut butter, chocolate chips, etc.
  • Yogurt with fruit, Kashi, peanut butter, etc.
  • Peanut butter and banana
  • Raw veggies with hummus
  • Pita triangles with hummus
  • Apple slices with peanut butter
  • Dates! And other dried fruit
  • Instant oatmeal with mix-ins
  • Kashi waffle

20 Comments:

Beth said...

I eat a lot of the same things you do, but I also like lowfat cheese (i.e. babybel light or jarlsberg light) with dried fruit, or a mini luna bar and a piece of fruit, or a clif kids z bar.

Anonymous said...

1 cup of Puffin's cereal, my favorite is the peanut butter (tastes like PB Captain Crunch) with a few more nuts mixed in for protein. I also will boil a few eggs at the beginning of the week to have for afternoon snacks, apples and cheese are also a good combo.

Allyson said...

LOVE spray tanning! I always do it before big events (in my case, weddings-ha!)

For snacks I usually eat a small bowl of Kashi Cinnamon Harvest (looks like mini-wheats) with warmed vanilla soy milk or some crackers and cheese.

RunEatRepeat said...

I totally do Mystic Tan before a weekend getaway or event. I love it and it's the only way I can get color.

Anonymous said...

I have not commented before but love the blogs!
Have you ever tried larabars? I love them and you probably would too because the base of the bar is made with dates!

Meg said...

The best spray tan (the least amount of streaking and most normal color) is when you actually have someone spray it for you. They use a small tool and kind of airbrush you with sunless tanner and it is very even!
I also really like to snack on dry cereal, homemade oil popped popcorn, PB + crackers (Late july are my fav) and nuts..mmm! :)

Maggie M. said...

That date pizza sounds great. I'm a sucker for sweet dinner foods. As for snack ideas - I like having fruit with nutella, popcorn (not the kind that comes prebagged, you can just buy a big bag of kernels and put 2 tablespoons of kernels into a paper lunch bag and microwave it; works the same as microwave popcorn, and cheaper!)... Hm... I also like these rice puff bars that I get at my local Asian grocery - they're kind of like rice crispie treats, but healthier and not too sweet! I like the PB flavor.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

spray tans = no good

date pizza = best leftovers ever

favorite portable snacks: fresh fruit, dried fruit, carrots, and.... LARABARS!!!!! :0)

Anonymous said...

delish - these pictures look like they came right out of a magazine!

my fave snacks are:

yogurt + kashi
cottage cheese + kashi
z bars
half clif bars
clementines
1/2 serving of oatmeal
veggies + hummus
larabars

Jill said...

I pretty much eat the same things you do! Though I'm lucky, I don't have Dunkin' Donuts here or our similarities mean I would be addicted too! Hehehe, :) I have heard their coffee is amazing.

Beth said...

Also, re: spray tans - I have used Mystic Tan with pretty natural looking results.

Anonymous said...

other than the ones you listed, I love pickles and olives and hummus as a pre-dinner snack, also 100 calorie popcorn packs (I love the the kettle corn ones) are my afternoon work savor!

Erin said...

Love Larabars - the pecan pie flavour!

Also - fat free cottage cheese and fruit salad packed in juice, drained. Yum.

Anonymous said...

I actually work at a tanning salon and I ONLY mystic tan. I am pretty much a pro at spray tanning so if you have any specific questions, let me know!

The quality of a mystic tan really depends on how often they change their solution. Good places should be able to tell you how often they do. Also, the real key to getting the most natural looking tan is wiping off realllyyyyy well.

As you can see, I really like spray tanning.

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

1/2 english muffin with pb and jelly! or a mini smoothie: 75 g strawberries, 1/2 banana, splash oj, ice and water. I put it in the fridge in the morning and then take it out later for a snack

Anonymous said...

i agree with meghan... the best spray tans are the ones where they hand-spray you. it can be kind of weird if youre shy about standing naked in front of a stranger, but it IS the best spray tan!

lift UP your butt checks though so you dont get white streaks where your butt and thighs meet :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we all eat the same snacks! Apples, oranges, yogurt with cereal, granola bars, almonds, popcorn, etc....

Anonymous said...

Oh, forgot my spray tan review. I had it done a couple of years back (for a wedding) and it looked great! I got home and picked up my 2 year old son, and then noticed that I was rubbing off on him. So if you are going to do it, give yourself some time to dry.

Cassie said...

I eat alot of the ame ones you do but i do like whole wheat pretzels or crackers with the laughing cow cheese wedges - YUMMY!

I also like LARABARS- being a date fan - you would love these - have you ever had one?

I also like kashi crackers with whipped cottage cheese and jam!

Anonymous said...

Beware- spray tans sometimes smell!